Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5.0 w/EB oil pan???
been meaning to ask this...after changing my oil today(I remembered)

back when I 1st put this mustang 5.0 in the EB, I recall ppl saying to use the EB oil pan, well I did...problem is, the stock roller block dip stick wont hardly read anything on the stick! I was running both stock EB in pan and stock 5.0 in block. but the pan stick seem to leak, so I plugged it. I can fill pan with 5qta and just barely even touches stick. what gives???

from what i can tell, the dip stick tube is seated properly into the block and the bracket bolt to a header bolt.

what are yall using?? stock eb,stock 5.0, eb pan,mustang pan,etc
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
for the stock pans, the ones that have the threaded dip stick tube in the side of the pan seems to work best. I have one that has the 'press' fit, or slip in, style dip stick. It leaks around there some, even though I did put some blue goo on the tube before installing it.

the problem with mine is that the dip stick I ended up using is aftermarket. I couldn't find the original. The one I have now is way too long and the oil goes halfway up the dipstick... Oh well. I just throw 5 qts in it at oil changes.
Oh, and to use that kind of pan, you'd need to plug your existing hole in the block. I used a 1/8 (IIRC) pipe thread tap and a threaded plug to do it.
Non-bronco engine, non bronco pan, non bronco dip stick. 1+1+1= :thefinger:
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
i found that the dip stick is not seated all the way...sticking up bout 1". problem is..with the headers and clutch linkage...its hard to get anything in there to seat it right. still going to try and fix this soon
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
bronco dip stick is on the RHS, what pan are you using?
NicksTrix Wrote:bronco dip stick is on the RHS, what pan are you using?

im using the bronco pan Nick, but im not using that dip stick...im using the 5.0 roller dip stick on the Driver side. its a press-in style, at the bottom side of block. cant seem to get in there to knock it down some moreConfusedcratchhe:
HAHA, that's what she said!!!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil Pan Brohawk75 1 759 06-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Trans Temp Sensor / Pan SC74 3 1,408 06-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Last Post: nhopman
  Advice on replacing an oil dipstick/ tube Crawdad 6 1,183 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Crawdad
  Oil pressure sending unit extension johnpaulgolf 4 1,714 11-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Last Post: johnpaulgolf
  bronco 2 oil pan gasket jpy601 2 1,400 06-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Last Post: sparkchaser