Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.
Ok, here is the scoop. I traded my 78 for pauls 69. Kinda took a loss on the 78, but its a 6cyl 69 uncut roadster which is what I really wanted.
Day one, tear it down. Everything came off the truck. Looks to have been painted 4 times. Factory aztec blue, red, tan, od green. Rust was mostly kept to the hinge post area. Drivers floors, several pannels on the hinge post have all been replaced. Day 2-3 were spent rebuilding the drivers side. The next few days will be on the pass side.
Yes, there out of order.

[Image: th_DSCI0043.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0042.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0041.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0040.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0039.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0038.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0037.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0036.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0035.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0034.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0033.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0032.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0031.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0030.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0022.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0021.jpg]
[Image: th_DSCI0020.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[QUOTE=ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.[/QUOTE]

I am printing this out and having it notarized! HAHAHA

Confusedcratchhe: :hysterical:
ok, what is the lowered EB with the Cragar style wheels?? Yours as well? Looks like you have a project on your hands. Keep us posted!
broncosbybart Wrote:ok, what is the lowered EB with the Cragar style wheels?? Yours as well? Looks like you have a project on your hands. Keep us posted!

haha...no...thats mine. they came down to get the 69 from me. i was storing it for Paul.

dang Matt....you aint wasting no time!!!! good job so far!!! i had a great time with yall here!

Liz...he wont get any more broncos as long as you dont get anymore mopars:hysterical::toothy12:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
broncosbybart Wrote:ok, what is the lowered EB with the Cragar style wheels??

Hahaha... I was gonna ask and say that Chuck needed to see that one too!

blazinchuck Wrote:Liz...he wont get any more broncos as long as you dont get anymore mopars:hysterical::toothy12:

:hysterical: My thoughts exactly! But I wonder who's going to strike first.. Ziva is a pretty sweet mopar that I think Lizard will hang onto for quite a while. I wonder if Matt can hold out that long... (although, TRADING for another rig wouldn't technically count as BUYING, right?!) :xyxthumbs:
JayT Wrote:Hahaha... I was gonna ask and say that Chuck needed to see that one too!

:hysterical: My thoughts exactly! But I wonder who's going to strike first.. Ziva is a pretty sweet mopar that I think Lizard will hang onto for quite a while. I wonder if Matt can hold out that long... (although, TRADING for another rig wouldn't technically count as BUYING, right?!) :xyxthumbs:

C'mon, a Challenger would look GREAT next to Ziva in the driveway! And yes, I've already noticed the trading vs. buying creative semantics!
YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR FRIGGIN MIND!!!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Ok, 4 days, 19 patches. The rocker pannels came late yesterday, will buzz them in on monday. This will put the tub back in solid shape. It will never have doors with out redoing the hinge posts but since I plan to run it as a roadster thats ok with me. I have found that sand blasting takes most of the FOUR layers of paint off. The final step being a paint stripper wheel I have and then onto 120 grit. Primer is all I can afford for now. Next is the dash and steering. The colum was completly wiped out (both bearings), but thanks to Chuck I have another colum that is nicer and with only one bearing will go in.
[Image: DSCI0008.jpg]
[Image: DSCI0007.jpg]
[Image: DSCI0006.jpg]
[Image: DSCI0005.jpg]
[Image: DSCI0004.jpg]
[Image: DSCI0003.jpg]
[Image: DSCI0002.jpg]
[Image: DSCI0001.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
go matt, go matt, go matt!!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
wow, that thing was rough. looks like you have got a lot of work done though!