Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
starter trouble
well, looks like the start might be on its last leg:banghead:, of coarse its right before my trip.

i know i wont be going with a stock one again, gonna try to upgrade to the mini gear drive from the f150's like i did a few years ago.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Doh!

I'm diggin the mean-green one we put in the k5, ALOT!

Hey, while you're under there... clean it up a little. We don't wanna get too dirty this weekend! :hysterical:
on a good note shouldnt have any trouble removing any bolts on poohbahs rig since they are never tight and dont have carters lol....
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
firefighter2134 Wrote:on a good note shouldnt have any trouble removing any bolts on poohbahs rig since they are never tight and dont have carters lol....

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :biggthumpup:
JayT Wrote:Doh!

I'm diggin the mean-green one we put in the k5, ALOT!

Hey, while you're under there... clean it up a little. We don't wanna get too dirty this weekend! :hysterical:
you got one...

firefighter2134 Wrote:on a good note shouldnt have any trouble removing any bolts on poohbahs rig since they are never tight and dont have carters lol....
and you got one coming:argue::lowblow::boxing:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:you got one...

and you got one coming:argue::lowblow::boxing:

meh :bdent:
had to throw that one back to ya...:whip::rofl:
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
ha ha. on a serious note, you could get a cheapie at:

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-1321-new-f...d0001.aspx

i put one in the race bronco. works great!
broncosbybart Wrote:ha ha. on a serious note, you could get a cheapie at:

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-1321-new-f...d0001.aspx

i put one in the race bronco. works great!

damn, thats a great deal...i just bought one today for a f150(looks the same) but it was $120!! how long does the shipping take? i'll order it and take this one back, i just didnt have time to wait on one. i was worried the start was gonna leave me stranded
i got them within a couple days (put one in the crawler as well). they are new, imported units. i can say it looks exactly the same as an explorer 5.0 starter. dunno what might be different on these. they do use an attached solenoid to the starter like a chebby does. you can use that solenoid and get rid of the fenderwell mounted one.

i actually found DB by researching winch solenoids. they sell those as well for some killer prices! way less than Warn.