Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant Downtime
All, I have to apologize for the downtime that we had this past week. The place that we have hosting our site (ourinternet.us) lost their datacenter. I can't fault them too much, except for wonder why they don't have a solid redundancy setup... The Datacenter connection was restored late Tuesday night, and services slowing (very slowly) began restoring. The site came back up on Wednesday, but their SQL server had giant issues with the new connection to the datacenter. Since all of our site is in SQL, the site was down until that server could be restored. They ended up changing servers, with a new IP address, and neglected to inform us. We've made the IP change (on Thursday-ish), and everything should be back to normal.

Nothing should have been lost (except a few days of no site access), and everything should be back to normal. If you have any trouble with the site, or have any technical difficulties, please do not hesitate to let us know. I'll be out of town (Ohio) all this week, but available via cell, text, email, or PM (if site is online).

Again, Sorry... I wish it was something that I had control over.

JayT
JayT- I got a database error this morning. Not the same screen as before .. this one had a bunch of computer code talk on it.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
SC74 Wrote:JayT- I got a database error this morning. Not the same screen as before .. this one had a bunch of computer code talk on it.

JT, X2 for me also this am....This chits beginning to get irksome. :banghead: I know it's not you guys fault....Thanks for all you do in support of the site....
Mike Edwards....74 Bronco ($ Money Pit $)
yeah, i got that text stuff as well. i also noticed over the weekend that the forum index page wasn't updating. all the 'new' or latest posts were from like the 3rd or 4th. seems to be fixed now.
jayt, has anything changed in the last 24hr period? the site is really really slow on loading pages. i tried it at home and at work?
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:jayt, has anything changed in the last 24hr period? the site is really really slow on loading pages. i tried it at home and at work?

Ditto here
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
And here. Just thought it might have been on my end. Guess not.
it aint 24 hrs now...bout 3 days
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Nothing that I know of... but then again, they may still be recovering from the outage.
another "new" thing is...i keep getting 2 and 3 duplicated email notifications when someone replies only once. Barts reply here sent 3 emails (all duplicates)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Site downtime... JayT 19 6,563 03-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Last Post: jollygrngiant