Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whole New Look
BEFORE:

[Image: 29865930151_large.jpg]

AFTER:

Dovenose, dovetail, new hood, new paint and new tires and wheels.

[Image: 38237514052_large.jpg]

[Image: 38237514059_large.jpg]
Failure is not an option!
Awesome job! I like how you narrowed the grille. Looks like you took a bunch out of it. We have our annual URE run coming up in a few weeks, if you can make it.
:notworthy::notworthy: NOT WORTHY!!!:notworthy::notworthy:

we're not worthy...Dayum Axel...that chits HOT!!!

i love the color man. welcome back stranger:thefinger:
now, i wanna dove-tail mine again:toothy12:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I hear ya, Axel!! Once you got to slicing, it got good to ya!! Your rig has been through a couple of mods since I first saw it at Crozet a couple of years back. Lookin' good kiddo!! I know you're going to wheel the crap out of it!!
:xyxthumbs: ROCKNROLL!!
so did ya stretch the fenders to match the hood?
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
broncosbybart Wrote:Awesome job! I like how you narrowed the grille.

Thanks!

broncosbybart Wrote:We have our annual URE run coming up in a few weeks, if you can make it.

I would love too. I've never been down to URE. Unfortunately, I don't have a truck/trailer. My baby's a dual purpose rig - she has to get me to the trail and hopefully back home again. Here in VA the temperature's already down in the 30s and I have no doors, no tailgate, no top and no HEAT!
Bronco Biff Wrote:I know you're going to wheel the crap out of it!!

Yeah, but she looks more hardcore than she is. We'll see how the stock D44 holds up with 37s. I'm hoping that sticking to my philosophy of 3 attempts and bypass will continue to work for me.
blazinchuck Wrote:so did ya stretch the fenders to match the hood?

Ah, nope. Shark nosed the grill.

[Image: 38237514061_large.jpg]
you running stock axle shafts in that D44???
For those interested, I have a 3.5" SL and 1" BL. In addition to converting to a 4-slot grill, I also dovetailed the rear ~10". I'm running 37x12.50s on 17x9" wheels with custom 3.5" BS and 1.25" wheel spacers. No rubbing whatsoever on the street. We'll see how they stuff when flexed. The axles, radius arms and wheelbase are still stock! I probably could've fit 40s if I had 1-tons and CAGE arms for clearance (I'm afraid of a poorly executed 3- or 4-link conversion).

I ran her up and down I-95 at slightly over 60 mph without issue (except for the cold temperatures). No real noticable loss in power (351W/NP435/4.11s). FWIW, my previous tires were 35s, which actually measured 33.

Beefing up my frame/steering box and upgrading to hydro-assist will probably be my next upgrade. Until then, I'll run her how she sits and hope for the best.