Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EB camper/offroad trailer
just putting this out there...

im thinking really hard bout trying to make this happen. for now, since i have nothing...its in the chat section. once i start collecting to parts, ill move to a build thread.

i know where there is a great "rear half" of a bronco...not sure on a frame yet. it would be nice to score a good rear half of a rear so i could reuse the spring hangers/shock mounts/and bumper...and possibly a new rear tank/side tank for water storage.

like to end up with the same size tires so i can have spares for everything. use d44 spindles/hubs and make use of lock out hubs for locking the trailer...like a simple e-brake...also it would be spare lock outs for me if needed.

post up your thoughts and ideas...
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I think thats a GREAT idea! I've always seen those kinda trailer/camper in the mag's. I think its Bad A$$! And what a good idea about the spindles, tires, etc.. So would you sell the RV to fund this???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
no the rv would do long family vacations...this would be for short weekend trips
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
My thoughts:

I have thought hard about the same idea. I know it might not be exactly the same, but if I did it, I'd grab an old F-100 bed (the one with the same style as the uncut EB). I'd look for the 8' long version and use it. Would make quick work of getting something going.
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=187910&d=1290605565]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=187911&d=1290605565]
I was thinking about one like this:

It'd give a full 8' length to make it more user friendly.

Attached Files Image(s)

nah...i saw the one a guy built using a bed like that on classic. he narrowed it in the center to the same width as a EB...pretty nice. but, i want small, light weight.
Looks like a lot of $$$
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
i would like to do something like that also..
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
I know these pictures suck, the stuff is buried and it's dark, but here is my trailer project!! Rear half of frame, springs, 9 inch, tank and back half of tub with crusty front hard top..........one day if anything is left!! It's all sitting next to the back half done but paint now being used as storage F-150 trailer project and '34 ford pickup project. I need to shed some projects!! Can you see it? My plan was to use the hard top and the back part of another top to put lift gates on both ends so it would open up long enough to lay in with snap on screen/fabric curtains to close it in while parked. I was thinking spare 9 inch axel shafts and center section, but the 44 front makes more sense.

Attached Files Image(s)

:xyxthumbs: ROCKNROLL!!