Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H4 headlight conversions?
been searching for a good/less expensive H4 conversion like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230154579474?ite...4179wt_948

anyone tried these? im also interested in a HID lit for hi/low

if any of you have done a H4 or HID conversion..post up please,thanks
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Can't say that I do. Sorry. I'd like to know how they work, if you go that route.
I my self would like to do this.

I did a similar conversion to my American spec 88 Honda Prelude when I was in England and I remember it being easy and I loved the brighter lights.
I ran some similar to those. Mine were glass with the H4 bulbs and plugged straight up to the factory harness. With the 3G alt they are plenty bright and light up the inside of the car in front of you pretty wellConfusedupergrin:
'72 TBA...
well, i just ordered these headlights...i post up after they get here. hoping its a nice upgrade
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
headlights should be here in 2 days...then ill post up the install
do you plan on plugging them in directly to your harness or plan on adding relays just for the headlights?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Which headlights did you get? The ebay ones? Be interested to see how it works out! Light is a good thing.
new headlights showed up today. packing was ok, the housings are metal,front is glass(with DOT), also each one has a rubber boot. the bulbs look like the bottom of the bunch...nothing special.

my old sealed beams were yellow...these are alot whiter. the lighting looks nicer, more of a concentrated area.high beams are better, here are some pics. these are the ebay lights i posted. 4 day shipping, total about $43

the 1st pic with lights on are the old lights, the last light pic are the new H4's...not that day time do them justice lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Just new bulbs are about $25 / pair for the cheapest ones so that was a good deal. Ask me how I know - b/c I broke my originals while installing :banghead:
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]