Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
84 full size bronco
I was going to post a link and ask if you guys think this is a good buy, but I have to post once befor I can put a ilnk in my post so here is that first. lol
I'll post the link in a few mins.
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/535722032.html
Looks like a deal but with out being albe to test it out you could get hosed, on the other hand you could make your money back just parting it out. Your call.
That's a DEAL! I'd jump on that.......
SIZE MATTERS! :rebel: Uncle Ted [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.wheelindixie.com
http://www.coastalcarolinaoffroad.com
First off, welcome to the gang Allen.

I've talked to this guy about this Bronco. From what he told me it's a great buy. I've watched this truck for months and he started out at about $1500 or so. By the time he got the price down that I called him on it I had another Bronco come along and had already bought it. If I had any idea he'd go this low on it I would have bought this one instead. The tires are worth what he is asking for the truck IMO.

From what I remember of talking to him he's gotten tired of it and wants to get some of his money back. I've been tempted to buy it anyway and probably would have already if I had a trailer to haul it home on. I've got a 302 that I could drop in it.

Anyway, sorry to be so long winded but I did kinda have first hand knowledge of it (although I haven't actually seen the truck) and wanted to let you know what I knew about it.
Ron

1989 FSB Custom 5.0 5spd 3.55LS (and a few other Ford trucks.)
Hotwhlz Wrote:First off, welcome to the gang Allen.

I've talked to this guy about this Bronco. From what he told me it's a great buy. I've watched this truck for months and he started out at about $1500 or so. By the time he got the price down that I called him on it I had another Bronco come along and had already bought it. If I had any idea he'd go this low on it I would have bought this one instead. The tires are worth what he is asking for the truck IMO.

From what I remember of talking to him he's gotten tired of it and wants to get some of his money back. I've been tempted to buy it anyway and probably would have already if I had a trailer to haul it home on. I've got a 302 that I could drop in it.

Anyway, sorry to be so long winded but I did kinda have first hand knowledge of it (although I haven't actually seen the truck) and wanted to let you know what I knew about it.

thanks Ron. I thought some one in here might have seen it. I called him but got no answer. can u tell me what u know about this bronco? He doesnt give any details in the ad. sry for asking you but I havent gotten a hold of him yet. thx

I live about 15 to 20 miles from it. Do you think I could pull it with a BII.?
Best I can remember it's an automatic tranny with a bad engine. Seems like the motor is a 351M but I didn't think they used a modified engine in that late of a model. If it's a 351M the tranny will not mate up to a 302 or 351W but it would mate up to a 460 if I remember correctly. I wish I could remember for certain what the engine is. I'm pretty sure he did say the tranny and transfer case worked good. Mild lift on it. Interior in decent shape, some rust in the usual places on the exterior. The tires were about 80% or so.

It's been about three months since I talked to him and that's about all I can recall. I know it's been on craigslist for at least six months.

As to pulling it with a BII; I've pulled some heavy loads with a BII before so it should be ok no farther than you are going. It'll be heavy and allow yourself plenty of room to stop. Of course if your trailer has brakes that will help a great deal too.

Good luck on it.
Ron

1989 FSB Custom 5.0 5spd 3.55LS (and a few other Ford trucks.)
if it's a 351 it will be a windsor in 84! 8)
SIZE MATTERS! :rebel: Uncle Ted [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.wheelindixie.com
http://www.coastalcarolinaoffroad.com
lol trailer? I guess that asnwers it though. I think I will pull it with a chain and use e brake. I hope it works lol. If it is still avalible in a week I will have my tax return and plan on picking it up. I will pay him and figure it out from there. I think the back roads should be ok late at night. I've pulled a many vehicles this way just nothing this big. I think Its about 15 miles. I am new to this kinda stuff but what engine should I be looking for? I want to try to find somthing b4 I commit. I have done several engine swaps but am un familiar with this bronco.
I think if ya use a chain, get a thick pipe big enough to run the chain from the tow truck to a sucured part of the frame on the big bronco and back through the pipe to the tow rig. That way you wont have to worry about it trying to rearend you :? been there before :lol:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Bronco Driver Cameo Bronco Biff 9 2,858 05-10-2017, 11:55 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? firefighter2134 2,039 250,256 03-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Last Post: snipes243
  Bronco sighting in eastern Pendleton SC Crawdad 0 1,408 01-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Crawdad
  Bucking Bronco ParadisePWoffrD 0 783 01-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Last Post: ParadisePWoffrD
  Bronco new year resolutions wepuckett 12 2,521 01-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Bronco Biff
  Check this bronco out snipes243 5 3,239 12-29-2015, 08:58 PM
  Bronco Christmas snipes243 23 4,090 12-26-2015, 04:22 PM
  Who's Charleston Bronco made my local news? Bronco Biff 0 761 10-05-2015, 08:58 AM
  Charlotte Motor Speedway looking for a nice 1980-1996 Full Size BicksBroncs 0 1,307 09-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Last Post: BicksBroncs
  The Bronco made the news today snipes243 8 1,900 08-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Last Post: 66Roadster