Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School me...
... almighty gurus... What's the "expensive" part of the np203/205 doubler? is it finding a donor 203?

If I were to find a $75 205 (out of a '79), should I pick it up? (one part at a time seems to fit my budget, apparently...) Just seems like a "gimmie" at $75, but I think I'm overlooking something.

Thanks,
JayT
1st off...a "doubler" is the cost of the adapter,shifters(for ford tcases...about $700, then shifters $400)203/205 Doubler

then custom drive shafts, 2 cross members to support it all. not to mention...obtaining the two tcases needed

i really wanted that in FBG, but never got around to it...plus it kinda sucks in short WB rigs. are you looking at doing this with the FS?? you'd be better off doing a SAS 1st. just my .02

get that EB going 1st foo!!!! lol
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Thanks! I knew that I named this thread right! And yes, for the FS... I just had it in my head (incorrectly) that if I found a 205 on the cheap to scoop it up.... Bus... Then... EB.... Fo sho.
yeah..unfortunately that dang adapter stuff is 700 right off the rip... usually you can get the 203 and 205 for about $75-100 any day of the year. its coming off the funds to buy the other stuff that machine shops make...that hurts
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.