Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My little mule, Pe'pe
As many of you know I have had my 71 bronco for many years (17 to be exact). It has gone threw many changes and been overhauled twice before.
I am finaly happy with my overall settup, other than the rust.
So once again it is time to tear it down and rebuild it. This time I hope it to be the last time as I am taking the time to realy do this right. I do have a few upgrades I have been planning for some time as well as some simple mods to refine the enjoyment of driving it. Stay tuned as I will be posting bunches of pics of the build as well as the changes.
For now I am starting with a diffrent body and frame, I have been hanging on to it for some time and now that the roadster is as done as I can afford to for now its time to start on the body.
And so it begins.....

Attached Files Image(s)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
this is gonna be great, cant wait! glad to see your ready to start...the green tube dont look too bad.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Ok, as i get older things change some. I have scrapped my 1969 for its body parts. The tailgait, grill, fenders had all been saved for Pe'pe. The tub I have been saving is fine, it just needs more time than I realy want to put into it.
The 69 is under powered and I dont have the money to build both.
So I have moved the door inserts to Pe'pe and I have to say I realy like them.
Stay tuned as I start stripping down the tub and fixing it so I can put doors on it. I will be posting some parts for sale so stay tuned for that too.
I have included some pics of what i call my final version. Now I tear it all down, fix the rust and make it all perfect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice. I hear ya about the getting older part. Been parting w/several of my projects lately...

Back on track, I like your idea, but it was a shame the 69 had to get parted. i think you could have sold it for your asking price.
I tried several times to move it whole, even dropped the price down to $4500. But its best for me to use the tub for pepe. Saves me many hours of work.
Other than my hondas this will be my last bronco build.
Many pics to come....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So anybody interested in buying that green tub and a 6 cyl frame? I'm going to have to put it outside for now to make some room to get the rest of the roadster apart.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I saw it on the pages above " My last Bronco build" Yeah right , I said that many years ago but now I'm doin it again. Keep the pictures coming as things progress. Have fun because thats why we still do this sorta thing. Watch out for Hurricanes and skeeters...
DWB
I may have missed out on the URE run but I have been busy, I fixed the damage to the new frame, added a brace for the steering box, cut off the stock shock mounts, blasted it. I picked up some special inside frame paint and a gun to shoot it inside the frame. I also ordered a rust treatment paint (just like Por15). It comes in colors so I went with gray (like the bumpers). I will also use that paint on the underside of the tub.
The only thing this tub needed was hinge posts, I cut off the drivers side and welded the new one in. I realy should have done this when i put the new rockers in, especialy since I had to just about remove them to get the hinge post in.
I have cut off the pass side and am working on the reassembly. The next thing is to clean up some spots on the windshield frame and the front clip. I need to cut out the rad support for all my coolers. Then its going out side to be blasted.
I'm going with fiberglass rear fender flares, I want to try the new epoxie's that are out for bonding body pannels insted of the usual rivets. I will let you know how it comes out.
More to come....

Attached Files Image(s)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I forgot to mention the dash project. My truck orginaly had an aluminum pannel for the dash. I want to use the stock dash and OE heater. Since all the switches are in my center consol all I need to leave is the stock heater controls. I am going to move the glove box door over to clear the roll cage. Going to delet the speaker cover to leave enough room for all the guages I want. From what I have now I will still be deleting 2 guages, but I will still have room the importent ones.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dang Matt you are getting some work done. I'm jealous of the space you have too. Looks great man - keep the pics rolling :beer:
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]