Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New shocks
Look has new shocks. Got the front in tonight. They are sweet. Got rid of the coilovers and went with Fox air shocks. I hope the picture come thru.
carl

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd64/...C00018.jpg
Awesome .. but why did you get rid of the coilovers?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I found they were rough riding and did not give me enough support in the front. I actually snapped one in the front in half. I guess that is what I get for buying cheap ones. I suppose King coilovers would have been fine. I find the Fox shocks to be extremely comfortable. I installed 16" Fox shocks in the rear before Christmas and love the way they feel. The travel is crazy as well. I will send pics when I get some good ones. Do you know how to post a pic instead of just the link?
carl
photo bucket is the best way-I found Carl. give me a shout, its super easy,Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
sweet !!!!!!!!!!
[Image: cuz1.jpg]
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
broncomania, how in the hell did you get my pic to post?
Carl - What coilover would you recommend me running in the rear? Of course I want cheap, but don't want to be trashing mine after one year and upgrading. Where have you found the best deals on FOX?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I found that Down South Motorsports in California offers the best deal. He has an ebay store where I negotiated for my rear !6" shocks. When I bought the front shocks I called them directly and ordered them for the same deal as on ebay. He also does not charge for shipping. Nice guy. I got the shocks in about 5 days shipped UPS ground. I think for the money the air shocks are the way to go, compared to the cost of coilovers. I will be trying out the bronco today with the air shocks on all 4 corners. I will try to find a place to flex it up and send some pics.
cuz1 Wrote:broncomania, how in the hell did you get my pic to post?
when you took that pic, i was standing there with my camera to. you just didnt see me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i right clicked on your pic and then left clicked on save picture as. and saved it to my pics. then i hosted the pic over on supermotors in my pics and copied the img tag then posted it here for you. Big Grin
336-674-3868
cuz1 Wrote:http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd64/...C00018.jpg
see your pic starts off with http: thats a link to your pic. next time , copy the tag that starts with img . that tag is the one that lets the pic show. later cuz.
336-674-3868

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  shocks rtj731 3 969 09-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Last Post: snipes243