Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2013 events??
ok folks...I say we start looking at next years events. the sooner we get on this we can submit these dates to Bronco Driver and Classic for posting

march meet...22nd-23rd????

Novrun...15-17th???

also, can someone provide dates for URE work dates? maybe we can plan a work day or 2...WE NEED TO ATTEND these days!!

and if there is a plan for turn & burn...lets plan it!

Thanks,Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Are you still wanting to do the M&G at DC's?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
im open for location options
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
do i like making the weekend more than just dennis carpenter's...like running over to URE to finish the weekend.
Yea, DC newness is wearing out. If we do meet there again, I'm like you - let's do something else to spice it up. I liked it when it was the weekend of the Auto Fair, except the traffic, so we could stay the night and make a weekend of the trip.

I saw that sometime late March would be the opening date for URE. What about doing the M&G in April (so we don't have a ton of idiots out there like last time)? What about an Oct Fall run. Might be a little warmer. Just thoughts, not suggestions.

I'd be down for a little 'turn and burn' action. Schedule should be pretty open as my racing 'career' looks to be over. We can do it here, or where ever.

FYI, just checked and the spring autofair is April 4-7, 2013.
Why are not going to race anymore Bart? Are you going to keep or sell the racer (I know everything is for sale, for the right price of course). Do you still have the burnt orange EB?

I know one reason Chuck is getting this started early is so he can get on the Bronco Driver calendar and make sure no one else close by interferes. You mention October - MEB always has the Fawl Crawl the middle weekend of October - past couple years it's been the 12th, 13th, 14th weekend - right in the middle of the month.

im not doing the auto fair...or same time as auto fair. makes for a stupid long day.

im talking bout a meet/greet...then hit trails. maybe hitting OBX for a meet/greet and camping? or hitting a 4wheel parts. i think it needs to be some where in NC...if i moved it to SC i dont think we would get the crowd we normally get.

im not looking at changing the novrun to a month before or aft. its a novrun for a reason lol. i like to cooler days
I agree with NC drawing a larger crowd. Charlotte is just so convienent and a good middle place. OBX is a haul for a lot of us. Anybody have any ideas of a cool new place? I love DC's and they have always gone above and beyond for us, but sometimes change is a good thing too.

I agree that OBX is a haul. 7 hrs from Charlotte.

If we want to ride URE after the M&G, I'd say that we should keep it around the surrounding area. Do you want to do it with another activity like go-carts, eating, recreational activity, or???

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2013 Shirts and Hats blazinchuck 92 19,921 12-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Last Post: 1st Bronco
  URE Sat. Sept. 21, 2013 Work Day nhopman 42 5,727 09-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  7th Annual Meet and Greet 2013 blazinchuck 129 18,367 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  April 20, 2013 URE Workday broncosbybart 0 668 04-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart