Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am sick!
Sad Sad Sad Here is a copy of the email I sent Broncograveyard. Sad Sad Sad

The depth of the distributor's oil pump drive shaft hole is too deep. The depth of a stock distributor is about 1/4-3/8" deep. The depth of your distributor #18540 is about 1/2-5/8" deep. The problem is if the oil pump drive shaft rides up in the distributor enough to come out of the oil pump you will lose oil pressure. I had to fab. a piece to fit into your distributor #18540 that was about 3/8" long and that will not let the oil pump drive shaft come out of the oil pump. This caused me to burn up my rebuilt motor. I have spent alot of money rebuilding my Bronco with you and spent alot of time and money rebuilding my motor. My disappointment goes without saying but I hope this helps the next guy that buy this distributor. My motor is a Ford 302 mid 80's. I hope that you would pass this information on to the manufacturer and your customers.
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Ouch Sad Did it really ruin your new motor? JBG has always been good to work with for me, but I've heard bad stories about all of the vendors.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Yes it seized my new motor...I am not saying anything bad about JBG just hope the next guy fairs better.

I could say something bad about JBG but I just let my $$$ do the talking instead. They don't get any more of mine. Not so much the products purchased but the help they employed, or currently employ. I had a very difficult time with them.
I'm very sorry to hear about this John, were yall not able to re oil the block and prime the pump? That really sucks!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Chuck their was damage to my crank and two pistons seized on the wristpins. My crank and new pistons are in the machine shop now West Ashley. This rebuild has been a nightmare so far but it will only add to the story behind my FINE 69'.

didn't you use the stock oil pump shaft? it should have had an spring metal washer like collar on it to keep it from moving up.. the real reason they did this was sometimes when you pulled the dist. out it would come out of the pump & drop in the oil pan.......man i hate that you burn up the new engine....
SIZE MATTERS! :rebel: Uncle Ted [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.wheelindixie.com
http://www.coastalcarolinaoffroad.com
DeTowman Wrote:didn't you use the stock oil pump shaft? it should have had an spring metal washer like collar on it to keep it from moving up.. the real reason they did this was sometimes when you pulled the dist. out it would come out of the pump & drop in the oil pan.......man i hate that you burn up the new engine....

yes it was the stock oil pump shaft...but that shaft was VERY stuck in the old distributor, had to heat it out... then we put it in the new distributor after priming the oil pump with a drill for 20 minutes... anyway it happened it sucks move on. Big Grin

has JBG said anything yet?
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
yes they did...he said he notified the manufacture...i dont know... whay dont they sponsor our M&G? I see just about every other vendor.