Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explore serpentine setup
So I'm thinking about doing the conversion to my 351w. So what all involved? I know a few of you have done it.
68 Half cab
Best would be to rob all the parts off a complete donor. Problem is finding one. Plan to spend $200 at the p-a-p. They charge for every little item. The balancer won't work for you though. Driven or someone was making something for it.

Paging chuzie
Bart is correct. You will need to have the balancer redone. I suggest sending the explorer balancer to damper dudes. They do great work and are fast. They will inspect the damper to make sure it is capable of modification and either modify it or offer to sell you one from their stock new or used.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
its a great swap!! i recommend to everyone...even the compressor makes a great OBA option(even tho you have one already) plus the alt is a 160amp i think...which is nice. i try to plan getting a set up for customers when (LKQ-pull it yourself place) has a half off weekend like labor day,etc...even then...it still runs $80-130 with or with out cores. like chuzie said, sometimes they hit you for everything. try to save as much of the 4ga wire that comes off the alt...the factory one is long enough to run to battery. also plan to take a hand held hack saw or small tubing cutter to remove the hard lines that come into the back of the compressor. for OBA you will need that manifold off the back of the compressor(and the BOLT). dont forget two bolts coming from the bottom of oil pan into timing cover...just make sure you get everything and save every BOLT!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
alt wire is 6ga. lots of stuff is metric. take a ford fan clutch wrench to save a big headache. cut the serp belt you will need a new one especially since you are 351w. you will need the crank position sensor for the timing pointer.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Yeah once I get time to go to the pull a part. I pan to do this. AS for the AC compressor im still deciding on it right now, can this setup be run without it? Also has anybody done this with the factory style radiator?
68 Half cab

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  suspension setup GOODOLEBOY84 0 1,502 01-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Last Post: GOODOLEBOY84
  Klune V Setup? SC74 4 1,421 02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck