Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPTIMA
Just got back from some trail ridin (dirt roads) for about an hour. Well I was smellin something so we stopped and popped the hood and my Blue Top 34M Marine Starting Optima had spewed acid/gel? all over. So got it home and toke another look it was steamin out of the two little stone things on the corners on the side and was hot as hell. I called Chuck and we went over a few things nothing wrong with volts nothing wrong with something pulling on it when it should'nt. Anyway please help I can't believe what a mess this thing made. After an hour or so the battery is still hot as hell. I just got done cleaning it all up. I don't have to tell ya'll how much these things cost. I spent that money to hopefuly have no worries with that part of my truck. Any advice or experience with Optima. The old guy from my gun club told me that the blue top marine starting is the best one. This guy is a straight shooter we use them on all of our trap machines at the gun club and you just can't kill um. Blah blah blah blah
[SIZE="7"]HELP[/SIZE] :banghead::banghead::banghead: :crying::crying:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Sorry to hear about that John... I know battery acid can make a mess.. I would let it cool and take it back where you bought it and tell them that you need a new one.... If they sorry no return then I would call optima and give them a ear full... Hop you get every thing fixed..:xyxthumbs:
HELP

they do have a 3 year warranty...I got mine from advance auto.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
yeah I got mine online..can't find um in stores (not this one) I have been looking for my receipt but I give for now try again tommorow.

:angry:

:angry:

:gunshot: Optima

i run 2 red top optima's and so far both have been trouble free.
hope you get it worked out john.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Need to check your voltage regulator to be sure it is working correctly. Sounds like it is charging wide open.
Optima should warranty it - just call them direct. I run a yellow top and have had not problems so far (knock on wood).
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
he didn't have a volt meter, so I told him to use a test lite. Connect the light 1st with out it running to see the brightness, then repeat after it was running to see if it was brighter. I also had him use the test lite to check for a draw on the battery, but no luck either way.

John, is that the same battery that was dead sunday morning before we left? It just might be a bad battery.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:he didn't have a volt meter, so I told him to use a test lite. Connect the light 1st with out it running to see the brightness, then repeat after it was running to see if it was brighter. I also had him use the test lite to check for a draw on the battery, but no luck either way.

John, is that the same battery that was dead sunday morning before we left? It just might be a bad battery.

Yes but that was caused by leaving my cooler/refrig hooked up all night...2 amp trickle charge Sun. night and no problems starting a few times Mon.