Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of changing springs
After our little bit of fun at the meet/greet, I decided to change out the front coils. I want better flex and not really happy now with the rock crawlers from Wild Horses. They will not compress. To me, that RTI ramp should have been way better. I know I would have been better off aired down-but had to leave them aired up for driving around(to and from camp and dinner). Let me know what yall are running on those rock rigs. Not concerned with street drivers only because...these springs worked great on the road when it was a daily driver. But, all that has changed now...trails only.:popc1:

thinking about some Cage coils...
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
My suggestion would be to use either coil over shocks or air shocks(check out carls). I like the coil over shocks for true customizing. But the air shocks can change the height as you would like.
I have been looking at the pics of my ride and I agree, even my coils(duff prerunners) did not flex enough. The rears did ok, so I plan to move the front shocks to the rear and revalve to run 4 shocks in the rear.
For the front I think I will try some coil over shocks(17" maybe).
Just my 2c:drinkbud:
Broncomatt
Who makes a good air shock?
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
blazinchuck Wrote:After our little bit of fun at the meet/greet, I decided to change out the front coils. I want better flex and not really happy now with the rock crawlers from Wild Horses. They will not compress. To me, that RTI ramp should have been way better. I know I would have been better off aired down-but had to leave them aired up for driving around(to and from camp and dinner). Let me know what yall are running on those rock rigs. Not concerned with street drivers only because...these springs worked great on the road when it was a daily driver. But, all that has changed now...trails only.:popc1:

thinking about some Cage coils...

So.... The 'ol Broco is a trail rig now. I knew it wouldn't take long!!:whiteflag:

In my opinion, I would go w/ coilovers. Pricey, but they have a lot of flex and you can customize them. I've never heard people w/ coilovers say "I wish I had different springs"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Springs cam coffee 9 1,388 07-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck