Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AN adaptors???
I'm looking for a 90 deg. -8AN female to -6 hose barb (-8 onto the fuel cell but running 3/8" fuel hose to my low pressure pump that has nipple for 3/8" hose). All of the fittings I can find are for -8 to -8 or -6 to -6, but no conversions.

If nothing else, what about doing an in-line barb from 1/2" to 3/8" - do they make inline fittings with different size barbs on each end? If so, I have not found them at summit yet. It may be something Napa will have on the shelf though.

Next problem....
I'm using a low pressure pump to prime my high pressure pump. I'm running normal 3/8" fuel hose from the fuel cell, through a filter, through the LP pump and into the HP pump. My HP pump has an outlet barb designed for 3/8" line, but dummy me only has -8 braided steel line to run my HP through. I think my only solution here is an in-line barb to barb adapter Confusedcratchhe:

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I will check out Chas rubber/gasket...they have the whole selection on an fittings. I dont think anyone does a inline hose barb with 2 different hose barbs on either side...never seen one.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:I will check out Chas rubber/gasket...they have the whole selection on an fittings. I dont think anyone does a inline hose barb with 2 different hose barbs on either side...never seen one.

Thanks Chuck!

Let me know how their prices are. I would like to AN a lot of my rig before too long.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...toview=sku

Summit lists this one. It is a "socketless" adapter which means you don't have to clamp the hose. I will work with regular fuel hose but also has its style hose if you need it. I'm sure that CV products, BSR, or Dave Jensen's has them in stock here locally. Would probably a bit out of your way for $4 fitting.
'72 TBA...
I found some 1/2 to 3/8 barb fittings at Lowes - brass so it should be good for the high pressure too. If not, I'll go with Aaron's route.

Robert, check your phone...I sent ya a pic of what I got for ya @ the store. Got a nice -6 female to -6 barb 90 degrees and also a -6 to -8 female adapter...looks good.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
:popc1:....Confusedcratchhe:....:popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
Dee Dee Dee!!!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
who are yall the peanut gallery?