Driveability on the street?

Make a big difference on the trail?

How hard to install it?

69bronco said he had one I could get but won't read his pm's
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
is it a full spool or a mini spool?
full spool not to bad to install you will have to reset ring and pinion.
mini spool very easy to install. pull spider gears out slip mini spool in.
driving on street tires will get wore down fast
bryan
66 bronco, lots of tube, 302 boat motor, 435/203/205, 10.25 rear, 60 front, 42 iroks
66bronco Wrote:is it a full spool or a mini spool?
full spool not to bad to install you will have to reset ring and pinion.
mini spool very easy to install. pull spider gears out slip mini spool in.
driving on street tires will get wore down fast
bryan

Thanks Bryan...:biggthumpup:

I don't know what kinda spool yet I'm waiting for 69bronco chime in!!
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
if you drive alot on the street...look for another option. 4-speeds and spools...can be tough on the truck. Mine aint so bad, but I guess I get away with some of it due to bigger tires aired down.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I agree, If you drive it alot on the street look for another option. Remember with a spool both tires turn the same speed all the time. Regular diffs let the inside wheel turn a different speed when in curves thus reducing wear and increasing traction and control.

With that said if your mostly offroad a spool is hard to beat. You'll always have both rear tires pulling and they are less prone to breakage. Spools have no internals just a solid conection between the axle shafts.:biggthumpup:
66 Rockrawler, 66 RestoMod
[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
johnpaulgolf Wrote:my rear 9"

That is the question...

Driveability on the street?

Make a big difference on the trail?

How hard to install it?

69bronco said he had one I could get but won't read his pm's

johnpaulgolf Wrote:Thanks Bryan...:biggthumpup:

I don't know what kinda spool yet I'm waiting for 69bronco chime in!!

OK OK!! Gosh, give a guy a chance to go through his garage will ya. Confusedupergrin:
JP I have to look and see if I still have it. the garage is a little cluttered, can't find anything :banghead::banghead:

Now to answer your question, the mini spool I have/had, was just about unbeatable and indestructible on the trail. On the street it is a hole different horrible story. Went through tires like TP, hard to turn, and it would take four big men and a little boy to push it around a corner if it broke down. But like I said on the trail the axles were the weakest link. If I still have it it's yours. Oh by the way it is for the small axles.
I ran a mini spool in my fullsize for about 20K miles before I went with the e-locker. I really liked it, even on the street, because you absolutely knew exactly how it would handle and react in situations.
'95 Bronco -- 351W-435-205, D44 SAS, Cromos, Truetrac, E-Locker
I replaced the factory traclok with a spool about 2 years ago. It gets tiresome after a while. Tire scrub is pretty bad. And not just the rear, I get a lot of front tire scrub also as it tries to push the front end when turning.

I believe if I would just break down and buy a Detroit I would start driving it more often.
'72 TBA...
I wouldnt do it jp, I ran a mini spool in mine for a while. Constently churping tires, makes turns on the street fun. Cops dont realy like them.
For a trail rig I would do that, may even put my old one in the full size.
The other thing is you have to upgrade the axle shafts or you will brake them. Go with a regular locker, you will be happier.
Broncomatt
Detroit locker!!!!