Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing the pain with my brothers.....
All I wanted to do was upgrade my intake and carb and ended up with what you see in the pictures. seems there was a shy bolt lodged in the carb when I installed it and one of the pistons found it quite tasty.... This was a new motor just last year. Time to break out the spare that my very good friend has laying around being bored. I'll trade the stock motor for a 320 HP one anytime but I hate to do it like this.

Attached Files Image(s)

OUCH :banghead: I hate that you had such bad luck! At least you have a good friend with a motor that you can get back in there :beer:
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Dang:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well take a step back and regroup and try again...

I did a similar thing on my new motor...no oil pressure and in about 5 minutes it was over!!!:banghead:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
man i hate to see that. sorry about your engine . i might have a good stock one to get rid of real soon from my 74 bronco. so if it dont work out let me know. im willing to pull this one out at any moment.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Just a bump in the road..... New pistons tomorrow and riding again by the weekend. You have got to love the 302. Thanks for the offer though. I have another one that I have been graciously offered on loan from my Bronco brother here in Jacksonville. lot's O Horespower and ready to drop in. Might have to play with it for a bit while I rebuild and powder coat the broken one. Gives me an excuse to upgrade......
gigabytethis Wrote:I have another one that I have been graciously offered on loan from my Bronco brother here in Jacksonville.

Wow, it's just like they say:

"When God closes one door, He opens up another friend's garage door."

On a serious note though, that really sucks! Glad to hear you will be able to recover quickly.:biggthumpup:
pistons are highly overrated! sux man but glad you got a plan!
Eric. :rebel:
Got the donor Motor ready to go..... decided on doing the clutch before install since I see tires spinning faster than before....

Attached Files Image(s)

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Good looking motor. I like the AFR heads. I've had good results with them.:beer:
'72 TBA...