Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible 2 & 7 Shut Down
I've heard that the trout fishermen have pushed the issue so far that Tellico is offering to shut down trails 2 and 7 in order to reach an agreement. IF things go to suit, ALL of Tellico could risk being shut down!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
that sucks, seeing how I have never been there! I saw Karl's email earlier...I really with my junk was finished. I would be there just for their run!!!!Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
They are having a meeting tomorrow to decide whether they will file suit. They have to decide by the 28th. From what I've read it looks like the "for lack of terminology" fishermen are asking for 2, 7, & slickrock 9 I think to be closed or they will file suit. If they file Tellico will be closed for a run off survey and we all know what happens when public lands get closed to OHV's. Pray for a good out come tomorrow. There is some go info on this on Pirate and on SFWDA.com

There is a group going to ride these trails on Sunday if any of ya'll are interested. They are plannig to start around 8:30am.
66 Rockrawler, 66 RestoMod
[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
the fisherman need to get a damn life. stuff like this really pisses me off. i am tired of people thinking other people should give up things so they can be happy. if i remember right the streams are stocked with the fish. so if the streams are stocked, well maybe that is a sign from higher up that tellico was made for four wheeling. some of the businesses around tellico need to think about the money they make from four wheeling, and stand up and be heard. just my opinion. don't get me wrong i love to fish just as much as four wheeling, but damn.
bryan
66 bronco, lots of tube, 302 boat motor, 435/203/205, 10.25 rear, 60 front, 42 iroks
at this rate, I'll never get to see the place!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
why slick rock it isnt even near a stream or creek and all the trails have bridges on them except for trail4 and they were prepareing to start on a bridge when we were up there
86broncoII with 2in of lift 31x!2.50 SUPER SWAMPER BOGGERS steeringstableizer, skyjacker ext brakelines, and james duff prerunner front bumper
It's all about siltation in the river. Run off is the main problem coupled with the heavy traffic tellico receives on a daily basis. I think what they are after is to close the popular hard core stuff this will decrease traffic and discourage the big nasty rigs that move a lot of dirt around from coming. These guys have done there home work they know that if you take away the challenge you will not have the trucks there. I hope and pray they can resolve this with out closing any of the trails but we'll see. Cry
[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
anymore info of this...did they get those trails shut down?
haven't heard yet but I will do some checkin
[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
when i went to tellico this summer there was very little traffic on the trails even on the weekend we maybe passed 5 rigs the whole weekend and there were 5 rigs with our group so i dont see how there is that much traffic other than on trail 1 and that is a national hiway
86broncoII with 2in of lift 31x!2.50 SUPER SWAMPER BOGGERS steeringstableizer, skyjacker ext brakelines, and james duff prerunner front bumper