Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish me luck!
Brought my kids 73 home from our shop tonight. Now starts the hard stuff.
None of the lights on the drivers side work. Bulbs are good ,we,ve traced all we can see and can't see anything obvious. so tomorrow we'll probably be pullin our hair out. I hate wires. give me a torch,welder and a hammer and i'd be much happier.:banghead:
thats how things get started Ken!! You should let Tommy know
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Don't let it get overwhelming before you tear into. Remember it only take 2 things to light a bulb, power and ground. First figure out which you do not have. then find the common point for all the bulbs. Could be a corroded switch or terminal. If all fuses and connections are sound, then resort to tracing wires.

I had a wiring schematic on my old PC. I'll see if I can dig it back out.
'72 TBA...
See attached PDF for diagram. I usually just print it and tape it all together to make things easier to follow. A highlighter works well too if you want to trace a wire or identify items that are issues.

http://www.geocities.com/michaelchuzie/Binder1.pdf

Good luck.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Thanks, we got the rears working, but the fronts are wacked! Left turn signal makes the dash lights blink. we're not giving up.
I got home from work today and Chris had painted his flares and bumper.Looked good.