The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Steering box help - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Steering box help (/thread-3791.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Steering box help - snipes243 - 07-05-2015

So I had some steering problems at Harlan this past weekend. I was coming down the mountain and made a hard passenger turn to all the way lock. At that point the steering wheel would just free spin, like it wasn't attached. After I used the winch to straighten the wheels, I wiggled the steering wheel back and forth. And the steering came back. Could a stripped tooth in the steering box do this? I haven't tried to go to full lock yet. Any ideas?

Steering box help - broncosbybart - 07-06-2015

If you are back home by now try it again in the drive way. If it does it again, pull the sector shaft out and see what you find.

Might be time for some fancy parts and ram assist.

I know where there is a PSC full hydro setup. Smile

Steering box help - nhopman - 07-06-2015

broncosbybart Wrote:I know where there is a PSC full hydro setup. Smile

Where??

Steering box help - chuzie - 07-06-2015

Yes, do tell.

Steering box help - broncosbybart - 07-06-2015

On the floor in my shop...

Sorry for the hijack. Let us know what you find Clay

Steering box help - chuzie - 07-06-2015

Screw clay. Whatcha want for the setup? :-)

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

Steering box help - blazinchuck - 07-06-2015

ive had a steering u joint slide up or down...causing the shaft to not engage the ujoint before...but once it happens, it wont fix itself....yours sounds weird

Steering box help - snipes243 - 07-07-2015

Well it gets weirder, I pulled it in the garage turned the wheel from lock to lock and no issues. I had it in 2wd when It locked up it happened in 4low do you think that matters any?

Steering box help - nhopman - 07-07-2015

It might be right at the limit at full lock, try lifting the wheels off the ground and go to full lock, then kick the tire to see if you can get it to jump the gear. Might be time to change to a 4 turn box.

Nick

Steering box help - snipes243 - 07-07-2015

nhopman Wrote:It might be right at the limit at full lock, try lifting the wheels off the ground and go to full lock, then kick the tire to see if you can get it to jump the gear. Might be time to change to a 4 turn box.

Nick

I will give that a try nick, and see what happens. I have been looking for a 4 turn box but have found any, if you know where one is I'm all ears.