The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
D60's - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: D60's (/thread-2187.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

D60's - bucketobolts - 04-24-2010

broncomatt Wrote:Gee Jp, are you going to mount those to the top of the cage????:hysterical:

:hysterical::banghead:

A brother can't get a break around here.

Gubni, from NC4x4 sells a disc conversion for the Sterling pretty reasonable. You can always weld the diffs until you can afford lockers. You can mount the axles on the stock suspension like Chuck's girl and link every thing later. If you are frugal enough you can find both a front and a rear for $1k-1,200. The big expense will be wheels and tires.

Another advantage to the big axles and tires is the added weight below your center of gravity.

D60's - firefighter2134 - 04-24-2010

ive done found both axles for under 600. so thats a start i was just wandering if it was worth getting them..

D60's - broncomatt - 04-24-2010

If anyone is serious about d60's a buddy just told me he has a set from a mid 80's 6cyl dodge that are matching, he will let them go for $1100 or bro. Just a thought.

D60's - blazinchuck - 04-24-2010

johnpaulgolf Wrote:I am very contempt with my Bronco the way it is Confusedmokin: ... It has held up to the abuse fine and like you said it does 90% of the stuff I point it at :notworthy: ... This was more for a discussion and firefighter was asking some opinions. :biggthumpup:

my bad, i just saw the top of this page doh

D60's - DeTowman - 04-25-2010

firefighter2134 Wrote:thanks guys. maybe d60s is not for me right now. but i definately need something heavier than the old 30 thats up front. dont get me wrong the 30 went throught tellico once without any damage.. but i have plans for it when i get everything ready for a swap. my wife has given me the ok to do some upgrades as long as i keep it reasonable and i can pretty much do all the work my self. my cousin is an awesome mech. i found the f350 when i was looking for a tranny..and thought that the whole truck was a better deal and was gonna just use axles since i would have them. but maybe i will buy whole truck and then sell axles just to make my money back or trade for d44? thanks for all input..any more would be appreciated also..:rockon: i would like to have everything ready to change by the end of august so i can try it out at fall run at ure or before...im not far from there

asiel

I have a couple of sets of FW axles still under the Broncos if you feel the need to trade the F-350 axles plus some cash!!:biggthumpup:

D60's - cuz1 - 04-25-2010

JP,
I went through the same thought process you are going through. We all want bigger, better, newer, stronger but where does the madness end. I decided to go to smaller tires and stay with the stock set up as far as axles go. I wanted to make the small obsticales a challenge and just give it plain hell when it came to the larger obstacales, whether I made it or not. That is why I have a winch. It sure makes Uwharrie more fun to be small otherwise it is a walk in the park. Not to mention it keeps the budget in check and the stress level much lower. My 2 cents!!!!!

carl

D60's - GOODOLEBOY84 - 04-26-2010

JP i got my front 60 for 350 bucks, my rear 60 for free with 513 already, no i just got to get my mind set on how i want to put them under the 66, 3link up front with 4 link in the rear is what im thinking with coil overs up front with coils in the rear, but all that depends on the budget, but i think the fw d44 with some superior shafts and ctms would be good for 37's or 38's

D60's - JayT - 04-26-2010

bucketobolts Wrote::hysterical::banghead:

A brother can't get a break around here.

Can't you just feel the love?! Here you are trying to help a brother out and we all jump on ya... lol.. we love ya. you know it.

Good thread full of good info... thanks for starting it.

Dustin, when you figure it out and wanna part with some 66 gear, let me know... I plan on keeping my 66 "little" and can use some spare parts...

D60's - firefighter2134 - 04-26-2010

thanks for all the input guys. i think i will end up going to a d44 instead of the 60's for now. i have to make a trip to charleston may 9 to visit santa (abunchofidiots) kevin to pick up some parts for v8 conversion along with some other goodies. i will keep everyone posted with progress along the way. thanks guys

asiel

D60's - snipes243 - 04-27-2010

Hey do you want a spare 3o minus hubs

JayT Wrote:Can't you just feel the love?! Here you are trying to help a brother out and we all jump on ya... lol.. we love ya. you know it.

Good thread full of good info... thanks for starting it.

Dustin, when you figure it out and wanna part with some 66 gear, let me know... I plan on keeping my 66 "little" and can use some spare parts...