Brake Upgrades $500

Misc. lets just say $500

[SIZE="7"]$7900[/SIZE]

Anybody want to change a number or say anything lets talk this out :popc1:

:popc1: :popc1: :popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
well i found 83 d60s outta f350...actually can get whole truck for 600, no engine..but does have everything else axles...tranny transfer case...??? i guess i am pretty mechanical once i get started on something...thats why i started here...to get some input..doesnt the grand poohbah have 60's?? can u give some insight from ur junk
Gee Jp, are you going to mount those to the top of the cage????:hysterical:
Some places you could shave off your expence list, the front axle would already be disks. You have seen the kit I built for under $200 for the rear.
A mini or even a full spool would be cheaper in the rear than a locker.
I still think you could do some surfing and find a whole truck for a decent price. Then sell of what you dont need to bring your investment cost down.
One other thought, if you put some good axle shafts(ctm joints too) in your full withs I think they would hold up for you.
What size tire are you thinking?
Remember you will also need new gears, and rebuild kits for those axles. Probably another $300.
:biggthumpup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i plan on running 35s or 36s so my guess would be 4.10 or 4.56 to keep it drivable on street? im still kinda new to building a rig so all input will be greatly appreciated!! i want to be able to drive through the road and over the trees to get to grandmas house...
For 35-36's I would not bother with D60's ... I run stock width D44 and 9" with 36's and they will hold up fine with chromo's and good joints. Confusedmokin:

Only reason to goto D60's would be BIG tires 38-42's :xyxthumbs:

With all that Matt said the number stays the same ... I forgot gears ... even with your great buy on that 1 ton truck I think the number is still close Confusedcratchhe:

:popc1:

$500 for brakes is reasonable ... by the time you buy all new everything (in my case the axles looked like they had been in the ocean for 10 years) it adds up very quickly. I paid $1100 for my front axle, rear axle, and drive shafts (needed 1/2 of the shaft at least). Don't you already have coilovers? You may want to consider steering options also b/c without some sort of assist your stock pump/box won't last long.

I just wish mine was done!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Thanks for the input Robert :xyxthumbs:... This is not for me anytime soon ... as much as I want this I can't do it right now or for a couple years prolly :banghead: ...

See there is another expense I missed ... Driveshafts ... and Hydro steering or assist ... Confusedcratchhe: WOW it will add up FAST ... :rubeyes:

Those coilovers I have will be going on soon ... but they are too small for a D60 type upgrade with big tires and all ... I need to find some tubing then get that all ready to go :biggthumpup:

jp, thats alot of money. and what is that really gonna help you accomplish? your rig is doing most everything you point it at. along with the bigger tires and axles...you need to stretch the wheel base. stock WB is fine with smaller tires, add taller tires and if will feel like an even shorter WB(this is where im at now). if i could do it again, i would use another rear(ie,D60,D70....OR CORP14!!!!) they are cheaper, just as strong and everything is available(14B). nothing but a couple EXPENSIVE lockers are available for the 10.25-no spools. If i could trurely do it again, i would use full width axles like i had before with those awesome RCV custom shafts. I like everything about my FW bronco on 38's...just got tired of breaking.I think those shafts were $1200 or so...and that would have been it, maybe some beefier 9" stuff too. but, still that would be easier than what i went through.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I am very contempt with my Bronco the way it is Confusedmokin: ... It has held up to the abuse fine and like you said it does 90% of the stuff I point it at :notworthy: ... This was more for a discussion and firefighter was asking some opinions. :biggthumpup:

thanks guys. maybe d60s is not for me right now. but i definately need something heavier than the old 30 thats up front. dont get me wrong the 30 went throught tellico once without any damage.. but i have plans for it when i get everything ready for a swap. my wife has given me the ok to do some upgrades as long as i keep it reasonable and i can pretty much do all the work my self. my cousin is an awesome mech. i found the f350 when i was looking for a tranny..and thought that the whole truck was a better deal and was gonna just use axles since i would have them. but maybe i will buy whole truck and then sell axles just to make my money back or trade for d44? thanks for all input..any more would be appreciated also..:rockon: i would like to have everything ready to change by the end of august so i can try it out at fall run at ure or before...im not far from there

asiel