The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
recent upgrades and repairs thread - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: recent upgrades and repairs thread (/thread-446.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

recent upgrades and repairs thread - Audra - 04-04-2008

I know you're not really into fullsizes chuck but the shifter hole is uphill from where the water puddles. On the 78 79's you got rot through holes real bad near the back humps behind the seats and near the outer front corners of the dirvers floor pan. It is very important to get that water to drain out through the door and elsewhere.

recent upgrades and repairs thread - johnpaulgolf - 04-04-2008

Nice work "Angel" keep us posted. Confusedupergrin:

recent upgrades and repairs thread - blazinchuck - 04-04-2008

see in my world we just drill more holes:gunshot:redneck style:hysterical:

recent upgrades and repairs thread - chuzie - 04-04-2008

What does that matting run in terms of $$$?

It is a butyl mix typically called various names but referred to as "peel and seal". $50 bucks at home depot or lowes for a very large roll in the roofing department.

Literally peel and stick. I cut sections for sound deadening behind door panels, rear panels, etc...

recent upgrades and repairs thread - chuzie - 04-04-2008

I tried something similar once in my rig. The coating bubbled and peeled after a few months because of all the moisture. Probably because I used the wrong stuff.

recent upgrades and repairs thread - jollygrngiant - 04-04-2008

blazinchuck Wrote:see in my world we just drill more holes:gunshot:redneck style:hysterical:

More holes = Faster H2O drainage :xyxthumbs:

recent upgrades and repairs thread - johnpaulgolf - 04-04-2008

blazinchuck Wrote:see in my world we just drill more holes:gunshot:redneck style:hysterical:

I plan on drilling holes also :rockon:...as soon as I firgure out where my water sits :eyecrazy:...That was the plan from the start bedliner :bigsquaregrin:/pressure washer :muscle:/drain holes :bdent:

Confusedcratchhe:
:gunshot:

chuzie Wrote:I tried something similar once in my rig. The coating bubbled and peeled after a few months because of all the moisture. Probably because I used the wrong stuff.

Which coating? Mine is all meant to get wet. Very wet. The butyl stuff is made for house roofs. The sound deadener/undercoating is meant for the bottom of trucks. The Dupont stuff that is $7.49 a can. I went through over 10 cans. Then covered it with roofing butyl Big Grin Half of the project has been done for a year with no issues or bad spots. All I can say is spend way too much time in preperation and you'll never regret it. I do a once over with alcohol about 10 minutes before painting to remove as much moisture as possible from the surface. (that is of course after all prep work). I had just been too busy to get the other half done and glad I have found time lately. I hate having my rig down.

johnpaulgolf Wrote:I plan on drilling holes also :rockon:...as soon as I firgure out where my water sits :eyecrazy:...That was the plan from the start bedliner :bigsquaregrin:/pressure washer :muscle:/drain holes :bdent:

Confusedcratchhe:
:gunshot:

There are drain holes in the 78 broncos, but they are just not strategically placed. :error:

I'll be helping that out too, just have to finish
this prep work in the ares I do not want water sitting :beer: