The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Need some advice - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Need some advice (/thread-517.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Need some advice - chuzie - 04-05-2008

A ground switch is a great idea but I didn't know they even existed until you said something.

Actually, I thought about the interlock option but was not sure how to go about executing it. Now that I know I can track the parts down relatively inexpensively and order from Napa, that is exactly what I am going to do when I get back.

Thanks Traveler!!!

Need some advice - johnpaulgolf - 04-05-2008

Thanks for all the great ideas for my elec.fan. :xyxthumbs:

But this thread was actually started for advice on my Power steering leaks. :hysterical: :hysterical:

Any ideas?

Sorry for getting you off track. That is my fault. How bad is the leak? Frankly, if it is like a couple of drips per hour I would say live with it if you don't feel like an overhaul. I certainly would not recommend a seal change unless you are experienced since it could be a number of seals and the reasons I previously posted.

If you are looking at a spray type leak I would fix it now. If the hydro is atomizing in the engine bay you are asking for a fire.

Otherwise just keep an extra Qt of fluid with you and don't forget to keep her full.

You may also want to look into some type of additive/ seal conditioner you can add to the system to try and fix the problem. Just make sure it is compatable with the fluid you are using. Which brings me to my next question- What type of fluid are you using? Some fluids can help or hinder a leaky system.

Need some advice - johnpaulgolf - 04-05-2008

Ok thats more like it. The leak is not bad at all. Just a little disappointing considering. Anyway I have put some "lucas" additive but no particular oil in general. Chuck gave me some synthetic but have not used it yet. Also I tend to get lazy and I let it dry up once but now I am checking it regular. I think...no not think...I know I will just deal with it for now. I will reinstall it this morning.

Make sure you run the purging procedure too. Between Type F and Dextron, I am not sure which one is better to run. I would almost venture to say Dextron because it is less abrasive against your old seals than Type F.

Need some advice - Traveler - 04-05-2008

The input seal is not hard to change. I am pretty sure you can remove it without opening the box. that is the safest way.
then just drive the new seal in.
Straight forward job.

I can look for a switch next week, and mock you up a diagram. I am out of town visiting my gorgeous wife.

Need some advice - Audra - 04-05-2008

Flatterer :love:

Can't wait to see you. :kiss:

Need some advice - blazinchuck - 04-05-2008

Audra Wrote:Flatterer :love:

Can't wait to see you. :kiss:
ok, now I see why we got the kissin smileys:rubeyes:

Need some advice - Audra - 04-05-2008

We gots kissing smileys because you said you wanted EVERYTHING :thefinger::hysterical:

Me no understandy.