The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. (/thread-2899.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - broncomatt - 09-24-2011

broncosbybart Wrote:My $0.02 would be to paint it after doing all that work! Omni AU is pretty cheap. I think I had $115 w/tax and everything for paint and hardener, for a quart of red (expensive) and a quart of white. Single stage would be fine. Bet you could walk away fairly inexpensively and have it protected.

I wish I could afford that, I have been out of work for 3 mounths now and still had no luck selling the house. I have some job possiblitys in FLA, but I have to get there and that costs money too. I have the primer left over from the 78 build and the stealth. Once we get setteled in down there I will get some paint on it. I prefer to shoot single stage, so I will go with that.
Being so broke is whats hard about building this truck, I need to put it together just so I can sell my ranger to pay for the move. Just bad timing.

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - broncomatt - 09-27-2011

Ok, seats are in, floors, door jams, inner fenders are all painted. I decided since money is so tight I would just keep using the parts I have been saving for my 71 and used the front fiberglass fenders I have. They do have the larger flare but it looks good. I have the pass. side completly mounted and as soon as I can get some more screws I will have the drivers side done. The dash and heater box, steering colum are all back in.
I've been putting in 10 days on this thing trying to get it back together, now I'm moving onto the mechanicals and electrical stuff.
[Image: DSCI00242.jpg]
[Image: DSCI00232.jpg]
[Image: DSCI00222.jpg]
[Image: DSCI00212.jpg]

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - snipes243 - 09-27-2011

looks good matt

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - BucknEB - 09-27-2011

Wow Matt!!! :rubeyes: That is a lot of progress. It's looking great. :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - JayT - 09-27-2011

I feel like we're watching "How to build an EB in 30 days or less"... it's riveting! *jealous*

Nice work, Matt!

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - broncomatt - 09-28-2011

Another busy day for me, got the drivers fender and insert installed. That sucked. Then I had to get the soft doors to fit, they didnt fit well before, the drivers now fits great. Had to shim the windshield back, but now both doors fit and open and close the way they should. I may have to redrill the soft top braces, they seem to be off now that all the bodylines are closer to right.
Put the hood on, why is it eb hoods never want too go on right? Still need to work on installing the hood rubbers(into fiberglass fenders yea). Had to cut the hood spring and catch off. It was rusted and stuck. Luckily I had one. Being able to rebuild this truck is truly a testament to how much I have been sitting on for stock parts.
I also put the tailgait on, its my spare and has no rust. Just a dent which I will fix later. I do need to weld the plate bracket back on. Dont have a plate light but I will work on that.
Tommorow its install the swing away spare tire rack and test fit the soft top.
Here is some pics with the half doors and the body assembled.
[Image: DSCI00272.jpg]
[Image: DSCI00252.jpg]
[Image: DSCI00262.jpg]

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - 69bronco - 09-28-2011

I am sure it has been a PITA Matt but I am glad you have it now because it would have taken me 5 years and 10K to do what you have already done. Looks great

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - broncosbybart - 09-29-2011

you are moving right along. flying actually. i wish we could have worked on your rig at the turn and burn. we'd probably get it done... bet you'll have it done anyway. wiring and mechanical sounds like you are on the home stretch, unless something big needs to be done. keep it coming!

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - JayT - 09-29-2011

You, my friend, are an inspiration... I want to go out and do something - anything - to the EB right NOW!

ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - blazinchuck - 10-09-2011

any updates matt??