The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
What I've been up to lately... - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: What I've been up to lately... (/thread-966.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What I've been up to lately... - Ogeechee 4x4 - 09-02-2008

Got the seal & front yoke installed. Measured for front driveshaft. Got around to modifying that 205 crossmember so it'd reach over to the frame.

[Image: img_0910.jpg]

Also reworked my neutral safety switch bypass. Cut the wires, soldered them together and tried to heat shrink it. It still needs a bit more "shrunk"

[Image: img_0913.jpg]

What I've been up to lately... - Ogeechee 4x4 - 09-04-2008

Driveshafts. Waiting on driveshafts :banghead:

I'm looking around for a shop that'll extend/shorten my current ones. I found one in Savannah that quoted me $210 each, but then got all bent out of shape and pretty much said they don't want my business when I said I didn't want new u-joints installed.

Oh well. The search continues... :toothy12:

What I've been up to lately... - Traveler - 09-05-2008

Maybe different down there, but it is cheaper for me here to buy a longer shaft and have it shortened.
If you lengthen one they have to replace the entire tube.

The u-joint thing is goofy, I think they have to have u-joints to balance it, but I also think they would be happy to use yours.
Sorry sounds like service there sucks.
Here in Dsm I get them shortened and balanced with new u-joints for right at $100
I have a couple of extra shafts laying here I would be happy to donate to your cause.

Let me know if you want me to look into it.
You would either have to pay shipping or wait till Thanksgiving to get them though. I doubt I will be able to put them in my carry on.
Maybe they are cheap to ship?
I might be able to check them for the extra baggage charge of $25? Not sure what it is running now.

What I've been up to lately... - Ogeechee 4x4 - 09-05-2008

I appreciate the offer, Travler! I was about this close --><-- to shipping them up to Dale and asking him to take the to the shop he used.

I got a tip from one of my dad's co-workers about a shop he's used for driveshaft work before. Dropped my shafts off at a small machine shop down in Claxton, Georgia. Owner/only employee sounded like it would be no problem to lengthen/shorten them. He gave me an estimate of $45 to shorten the front shaft 10.5" and $150 to lengthen the rear by 13 13/16. Not too bad, i think...

What I've been up to lately... - Traveler - 09-05-2008

Very cool. That sounds much better price wise.

What I've been up to lately... - broncomatt - 09-05-2008

tom woods drive shafts, cant say it enough. They can make any shaft, usualy for less than most. Best quality I have ever used. He stands behind his work, and it has out lasted every other vender out there on my ride.
Broncomatt

What I've been up to lately... - manny - 09-09-2008

Cool jon glad you got something that can maybe get done to finish this little project of yours. Maybe:bdent:

What I've been up to lately... - Ogeechee 4x4 - 09-09-2008

manny Wrote:Cool jon glad you got something that can maybe get done to finish this little project of yours. Maybe:bdent:

Still waiting for father time that owns/runs the shop I took the d.shafts to. I'll call him tomorrow after class...don't want to rush him, but at the same time I'm so stoked to drive the bko for the 1st time :jump:

What I've been up to lately... - Ogeechee 4x4 - 09-12-2008

Holy cow this thing is [SIZE="6"]I N S A N E[/SIZE] now!!

I got my driveshafts back.
[Image: img_0919.jpg]

Front installed with no issues
[Image: img_0922.jpg]

Kinda close to crossmember, tho. Oops.
[Image: img_0924.jpg]

Unfortunately, the rear shaft is about 1/4-1/2" too long. I guess I measured wrong. So I had to get the suspension to drop a bit so i could install the shaft. Once i let the weight of the truck back down onto it, i didn't hear any funny noises or notice anything on the test drive.

[Image: img_0920.jpg]

[Image: img_0921.jpg]

Also, i think I need bigger tires
[Image: img_0926.jpg]

What I've been up to lately... - Traveler - 09-13-2008

Very cool. Yep bigger tires are always a good start. LOL