The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
electrical problem - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: electrical problem (/thread-1097.html)

Pages: 1 2

electrical problem - berg bronco - 11-13-2008

Heh guys when I step on my brake pedal the right brake light comes on and the front left turn signal comes on. I have checked for bad ground and have all new bulbs. if you have any advice i would appreciate it.

electrical problem - blazinchuck - 11-13-2008

what does it do when you have the running lights on? that sounds odd,Chuck

electrical problem - broncomatt - 11-13-2008

It honestly sounds like a wire has chaifed threw. Check the harness where it runs along the the rear of the frame. If the brake wire has rubbed threw too the turn signal wire it could back feed to the front one. Also, check to see if the trailer wiring pigtail is damaged.
Broncomatt

electrical problem - chuzie - 11-13-2008

should he check for continuity between the two lights?

electrical problem - broncomatt - 11-13-2008

For the brake signal to go to the front the wire must have come in contact with the turn signal wire. I would think there would be continuity between the turn signal terminals, assuming the turn signals
still work.
By the way berg, what year bronco are we talking about?

It does the same thing when the lights are on everything works the way it should Ive looked at the wiring in the back it all looks good when I put my tester in the rear connectors im getting power through the ground
with the brake switch on

its a 71 sport the turn signal cam is working the way it should

electrical problem - bucketobolts - 11-13-2008

I'd look at the left rear tail light again. I'd double check the bulb and the socket.

I had a similar problem once on Trans Am. All lights appeared to work correctly, except when ever you would apply the brake or right turn signal the headlights would flip up and down. Had a fault "new" bulb with the elements crossed inside. So it would back feed the park lamp circuit when ever the bright side was powered.

electrical problem - JayT - 11-16-2008

bucketobolts Wrote:I'd look at the left rear tail light again. I'd double check the bulb and the socket.

I had a similar problem once on Trans Am. All lights appeared to work correctly, except when ever you would apply the brake or right turn signal the headlights would flip up and down. Had a fault "new" bulb with the elements crossed inside. So it would back feed the park lamp circuit when ever the bright side was powered.

x2... faulty bulb.

electrical problem - berg bronco - 11-17-2008

Hey guys thanks for all the advice. I think I might need a new tailight housing I am also thinking of getting a new wiring harness. Are they as good as they say they are, are they pretty easy to install and which one do you guys recommend?