The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak (/thread-1814.html)

Pages: 1 2

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - johnpaulgolf - 08-31-2009

Ok I found a motor mount nut loose ... after looking at the motor I noticed was clocked a few degrees and decided to loosin both nuts and jack up one side of the motor ... so that worked well but I thought I could get that last little bit by prying on the passenger side collecter :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: in doing so I have an exhaust leak on the last header on the passenger side :crying:

I have retightened all header bolts and where the collecter meets the exhaust pipe ... blah blah blah :angry: :angry:

So this leak is in that space between the header tube and the manifold where it bolts up to the head ... any Ideas ... Confusedcratchhe:

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - broncomania - 08-31-2009

we use a good gasket with high temp red silicone.

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - chuzie - 08-31-2009

I agree. The gasket is wasted. How much pressure did you put on the header? I wonder if you damaged the flange. Would start with the gasket though.

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - johnpaulgolf - 08-31-2009

broncomania Wrote:we use a good gasket with high temp red silicone.

chuzie Wrote:I agree. The gasket is wasted. How much pressure did you put on the header? I wonder if you damaged the flange. Would start with the gasket though.

I am afraid I cracked the flange ... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don't know for sure but I would be willing to bet :crying:

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - johnpaulgolf - 09-01-2009

yep removed header last night and definetly cracked the tube right at the flange :banghead:

went to weld it and blew a big hole in the tube and called it a night ... :banghead: :crying: :banghead:

I am so pissed one day before I leave to my buddies house for a long weekend and wanted to pull the Bronco up there and show off ... DaYuM :angry:

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - broncomatt - 09-01-2009

Man that sucks. I would recomend tig welding versis mig to repair. If not a choice, try brazing it. Keep diggin Jp you'll get!

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - GOODOLEBOY84 - 09-03-2009

jp i can prob weld that header up for you if the hole isnt to big?

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - johnpaulgolf - 09-24-2009

Okay after about a 1 month angry management break I got back on my "itty bitty" and finished welding up the exhaust header and replacing the one spark plug wire that fell victim to my temper tantrum. :hysterical: :xyxthumbs: :hysterical:

Started right up this morning with 13 1/2 pumps on the gas pedal and the choke on and then Vaaarrroom !!! :chili:

Let it idle for awhile and had no signs of an exhaust leak and should be able to drive it around some today after work :biggthumpup: Confusedmokin: :notworthy: :biggthumpup:

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - chuzie - 09-24-2009

yea!

Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak - broncomatt - 09-24-2009

:toothy12::xyxthumbs::chili::rubeyes: