Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help !!! Caused an exhaust leak
Ok I found a motor mount nut loose ... after looking at the motor I noticed was clocked a few degrees and decided to loosin both nuts and jack up one side of the motor ... so that worked well but I thought I could get that last little bit by prying on the passenger side collecter :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: in doing so I have an exhaust leak on the last header on the passenger side :crying:

I have retightened all header bolts and where the collecter meets the exhaust pipe ... blah blah blah :angry: :angry:

So this leak is in that space between the header tube and the manifold where it bolts up to the head ... any Ideas ... Confusedcratchhe:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
we use a good gasket with high temp red silicone.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
I agree. The gasket is wasted. How much pressure did you put on the header? I wonder if you damaged the flange. Would start with the gasket though.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
broncomania Wrote:we use a good gasket with high temp red silicone.

chuzie Wrote:I agree. The gasket is wasted. How much pressure did you put on the header? I wonder if you damaged the flange. Would start with the gasket though.

I am afraid I cracked the flange ... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don't know for sure but I would be willing to bet :crying:

yep removed header last night and definetly cracked the tube right at the flange :banghead:

went to weld it and blew a big hole in the tube and called it a night ... :banghead: :crying: :banghead:

I am so pissed one day before I leave to my buddies house for a long weekend and wanted to pull the Bronco up there and show off ... DaYuM :angry:

Man that sucks. I would recomend tig welding versis mig to repair. If not a choice, try brazing it. Keep diggin Jp you'll get!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jp i can prob weld that header up for you if the hole isnt to big?
Okay after about a 1 month angry management break I got back on my "itty bitty" and finished welding up the exhaust header and replacing the one spark plug wire that fell victim to my temper tantrum. :hysterical: :xyxthumbs: :hysterical:

Started right up this morning with 13 1/2 pumps on the gas pedal and the choke on and then Vaaarrroom !!! :chili:

Let it idle for awhile and had no signs of an exhaust leak and should be able to drive it around some today after work :biggthumpup: Confusedmokin: :notworthy: :biggthumpup:

yea!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
:toothy12::xyxthumbs::chili::rubeyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5.0 vs 5.8 Factory Exhaust jrshepherd 1 2,627 09-30-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: broncomatt
  Single or Dual exhaust? Broncitis 6 1,777 05-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Broncitis
  Exhaust question Casey835 27 6,411 08-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Axle Seal Leak.. Again! 73Bronc 13 2,954 10-15-2010, 01:50 PM