Carolina Broncos
1973 Bronco 302 - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: 1973 Bronco 302 (/thread-2643.html)

1973 Bronco 302 - mcgyver - 01-30-2011

What is a good inexpensive battery to get for my build?

[Image: 30bfex1.jpg]

Thanks in advance for the input..

1973 Bronco 302 - jollygrngiant - 01-30-2011

What's the goal for your build? Aux lights, winch, stereo system...etc???All depends on what you wanna run. If it's none of these, then a typical Auto Zone or Advance Auto battery should be fine. Other wise I'd run a optima red or yellow top.

jollygrngiant Wrote:What's the goal for your build? Aux lights, winch, stereo system...etc???All depends on what you wanna run. If it's none of these, then a typical Auto Zone or Advance Auto battery should be fine. Other wise I'd run a optima red or yellow top.

Just lookin to spin the motor fast to work out bugs. I dont know what is done to the motor and my current battery doesnt spin the motor very fast.

I just changed the fuel pump and I seem to be building pressure in the fuel lines.

going to pull the carb and check the floats and seats.

1973 Bronco 302 - medwards01 - 01-30-2011

mcgyver, Welcome to CB4x4....Looks like the makings of a nice project you bought there. I'd have the battery tested to see if it's still good....It may not be your problem or else it may need to be fully charged....Make sure all your cable connections at the battery, solenoid, and starter are all clean and tight....
:rockon: EARLY BRONCOS ROCK :rockon:

1973 Bronco 302 - broncosbybart - 01-30-2011

looks like you have a good project vehicle. thanks for posting it.

for sure check the battery condition first. advance or autozone can load test it for you. if it is ok, the battery and starter cables in these old trucks leaves a lot to be desired. it could very well be the wiring or a tired starter and not the battery. cables are cheap and available at any parts warehouse. i found some new 'hi torque' starters at DB electrical for $40. Been pretty pleased w/the one I got from them for the price.

broncosbybart Wrote:looks like you have a good project vehicle. thanks for posting it.

for sure check the battery condition first. advance or autozone can load test it for you. if it is ok, the battery and starter cables in these old trucks leaves a lot to be desired. it could very well be the wiring or a tired starter and not the battery. cables are cheap and available at any parts warehouse. i found some new 'hi torque' starters at DB electrical for $40. Been pretty pleased w/the one I got from them for the price.

Thanks for the input. I placed the battery on charge and it wouldn't chare overnight so I,m going to pickup a battery and a new high torque starter sounds like a good purchase anyway.

1973 Bronco 302 - Crawdad - 01-30-2011

Go online @ Advance Auto and you get 15% discount on any battery I think. Order it online and pick it up at the store.