Carolina Broncos
Hard top color code? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Hard top color code? (/thread-2935.html)

Hard top color code? - N747JB - 10-20-2011

I know we're doing it backwards, but we have the hardtop almost ready for paint, body is a couple weeks (months) away. It's a 74, but I'm painting it Limestone green, like my old 73, trying to fing the correct paint code for the white hard top? Most people won't know the difference, I just want it to look right.Confusedupergrin: I promise to post pics, I tried last week and somehow messed up my password when I tried to log in at work.:banghead:
Thanks!

Hard top color code? - broncosbybart - 10-20-2011

Wimbledon white:

PPG 8378

Dupont 4480

I just told my paint store 'Wimbledon white'

Hard top color code? - chuzie - 10-21-2011

Is your screen name a tail number?

Hard top color code? - Crawdad - 10-21-2011

Here is a paint color chart for a 76 Bronco. It should have Wimb. White on there.

Hard top color code? - N747JB - 10-21-2011

broncosbybart Wrote:Wimbledon white:

PPG 8378

Dupont 4480

I just told my paint store 'Wimbledon white'

That's what I figured it was, I just wanted to make sure it looks "right" :beer:

Hard top color code? - N747JB - 10-21-2011

chuzie Wrote:Is your screen name a tail number?

Yep, had this tail number on 7 airplanes so far! My dad got it on a new Cessna 182 in the early 70's and I've transferred it to every plane we've owned since then. Confusedupergrin:

Hard top color code? - scbronco - 10-28-2011

check the link in my signature... it has pics of my rig painted... mine was limestone green form the factory, i used summit paints to repaint... the whit eis summits wimbleton, and the green is 2 parts summit yellow to 1 part summit pacific blue... pretty close to the limestone green (a little brighter) and spot on for the white...

Hard top color code? - N747JB - 10-29-2011

scbronco Wrote:check the link in my signature... it has pics of my rig painted... mine was limestone green form the factory, i used summit paints to repaint... the whit eis summits wimbleton, and the green is 2 parts summit yellow to 1 part summit pacific blue... pretty close to the limestone green (a little brighter) and spot on for the white...

I really like the look of your's, i like the tu-tone idea!:beer:

Hard top color code? - scbronco - 10-29-2011

thanks for that! im pretty happy with it too, despite the fact that its not perfect (first attempt at a real paint job... it shows in the details) good luck with yours, im stoked to see one solid green with a wimb white top! BTW the 74 correct paint code name is medium limestone poly and should be hardly distinguishable form the 73 color you said was on your old one. napa or any collision center should be able to mix either for you. Good luck & post pics when you get them!