The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Late 70s Cadi rear disc brakes for 77 banjo rear end - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Late 70s Cadi rear disc brakes for 77 banjo rear end (/thread-3510.html)

Pages: 1 2

Late 70s Cadi rear disc brakes for 77 banjo rear end - Crawdad - 09-23-2013

I may have stumbled over a deal with some Cadi rear disc brakes and wanted yaws input on them. The deal includes Backing plates, calipers and dust shields. Is this a good conversion? Will the emergency brake still work?
Thx, Matt

Late 70s Cadi rear disc brakes for 77 banjo rear end - blazinchuck - 09-23-2013

I think all u can use is the calipers and maybe the cables. Nothing else bolts up

Sent using my HTC ONE via Tapatalk

Also new calipers can run $100-120 loaded

Sent using my HTC ONE via Tapatalk

The seller is sending me some pics so as soon as I get them I will load them up. He mentioned that the plates will bolt up to my rearend. I'm only spending $40 for all the items mentioned above. I'm not sure if that's too much, I thought it was cheap. I know I will need rotors, do I have to stick with Cadi rotors?
Thx for your help Chuck! Greatly appreciated!

Sale is on hold at the moment. Want to get more feedback from you guys first. If I can't get the E cable to work then what's the point? I don't have huge tires so my big drums should be just fine for skinny 33s right?

look at it this way matt, you still get cars/trucks today with drum brakes. drums are just fine...and they will do a good job if set up right. disc are great because less heat, wont fade going thru water and do a better job stopping imo. as for the cables...i just installed a caddy swap from bc to tommys rig. i dont know if the cables are custom or stock from a caddy to make them work with bronco pedal and lead cable...but if you cant get the stuff for $50 walk away...you can get weld on brackets, new calipers, and cables from a vendor and probably be in it for under$350 maybe

Late 70s Cadi rear disc brakes for 77 banjo rear end - broncosbybart - 09-23-2013

It all depends on what you want in an e-brake. The caddi calipers have a provision for an e-brake but it is worthless. If that is your main concern, walk away. That price is cheap. As Chuck said, BC makes a kit. The rotors come off of a CJ Jeep, IIRC. The calipers are very expensive ($120 each), so you could always turn around and sell the stuff for more. You'd be very lucky if it all bolts up.

Late 70s Cadi rear disc brakes for 77 banjo rear end - scbronco - 01-09-2014

there is a cadi disc tech article on classic in the tech articles section bottom right of homepage

Late 70s Cadi rear disc brakes for 77 banjo rear end - Crawdad - 01-09-2014

Thx nick, I saw that a while back. I decide just to keep the drums bc really they are just fine for the tires I have. I need to get with you on the axle rebuilds, both axles are sitting in a corner of my garage. I'd like to catch up with you before I leave.

Late 70s Cadi rear disc brakes for 77 banjo rear end - Bronco Biff - 01-10-2014

Been doing some disc brake research too.......Just ordered some new caddy calipers for a swap on the 4door......