The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Fuel injected or Carb - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Fuel injected or Carb (/thread-370.html)

Pages: 1 2

Fuel injected or Carb - obxbronco - 02-13-2008

I have a 302 Carb, and a 302 fuel injected. I wanted to put the fuel injected in, but not all the computer stuff. A buddy of mine told me that i could take the fuel injection off and put a carb on it, i have a Holley 4 barrel. He also said all i had to do was mount an inline fuel pump. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Fuel injected or Carb - SC74 - 02-14-2008

You can run a carb on a motor that was originally EFI. You will need the carb, intake, and distributor to make it work.

Fuel injected or Carb - obxbronco - 02-14-2008

Well, i have all of that, i think i might try it. How hard is it?

Fuel injected or Carb - trkbilder - 02-14-2008

For my money, I'd install the computer stuff and use the EFI. just my 2 cents! Smile

I've thought about it, but i actually like a carb.

Fuel injected or Carb - bucketobolts - 02-14-2008

If you don't run the inline electric fuel pump, you may have to change the timing chain cover to one that has a mechanical fuel pump mount. Then don't forget the eccentric on the camshaft to run the pump.

Fuel injected or Carb - SC74 - 02-14-2008

BUCKETOBOLTS Wrote:If you don't run the inline electric fuel pump, you may have to change the timing chain cover to one that has a mechanical fuel pump mount. Then don't forget the eccentric on the camshaft to run the pump.

OBX - I think I have a timing cover that will work if you decide to go that route.

Not sure what i want to do, i'm lost, so many decisions. Thanks Robert

Fuel injected or Carb - chuzie - 02-19-2008

Intake is easy to do and i would just go with the inline electric pump (low pressure of course). easy to install, easy to replace and less fuss for you on the front end. make sure it get it in close to the tank just in case you decide to go FI later it is already in position for the accumulator and high pressure pump, etc. Be careful with the FI intake on removal. Someone may want it and they break easily where the top screws mount. Also a good opportunity to snag a preformance intake if you want.

-mike

(For God's sake, someone please come resuce me from Altus, Ok!!!!)

Fuel injected or Carb - bucketobolts - 02-19-2008

What are your plans for the Bronco? If you plan on offroading or crawling the FI will have a definate advantage over the carb. But for the street the carb may be a little cheaper and easier.