The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
recent upgrades and repairs thread - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: recent upgrades and repairs thread (/thread-446.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

recent upgrades and repairs thread - broncomania - 03-24-2008

post up your recent repairs or upgrades on your bronco.

reinforced the backbone on my lower 4 link bars. so the rocks wont bend them.

[Image: img_1748.jpg]

added a 3rd tool box on both sides:
[Image: img_1747.jpg]

rock lights on the back. they shine all around my rear tires and they are amber so they dont blind anyone thats behind me:
[Image: img_1749.jpg]

cleaned the filters. notice the trick flow valve covers:
[Image: img_1750.jpg]

rebuilt the air shocks. ready for trail abuse:
[Image: img_1746.jpg]

recent upgrades and repairs thread - broncomatt - 03-24-2008

Just checking out your pics, is the photo of the drive shaft at rest? It looks like you have the pinion angle direct(IE pinion at the same angle as the shaft). This can cause major pinion falure. Have you had it like this long?
Broncomatt

recent upgrades and repairs thread - blazinchuck - 03-24-2008

broncomatt Wrote:Just checking out your pics, is the photo of the drive shaft at rest? It looks like you have the pinion angle direct(IE pinion at the same angle as the shaft). This can cause major pinion falure. Have you had it like this long?
Broncomatt
Matt, as I understand..the drive shaft should run level or about 2degrees under. This is only true for shafts running double cardan joint shafts. the 2 running at the tranny cancel out the one at the rear end.Just my .02Confusedcratchhe:

recent upgrades and repairs thread - blazinchuck - 03-24-2008

nice job on the lower links, Shawn has the exact same thing done to his on his yota!!!

recent upgrades and repairs thread - johnpaulgolf - 04-02-2008

At the local meet @ godevil's 03/26/08 I had some issues with my headlights cutting off and on after awhile so I got some offroad lights mounted and put them on a toggle switch in case this happens on the road I won't get a ticket.

new lights with covers on

[Image: th_newstuff001.jpg]

one in action

[Image: th_newstuff002.jpg]

new interior lights...we were ridin in the dark alot and I could not find nothing in the cab

[Image: th_newstuff004.jpg]

my baby's home

[Image: th_newstuff005.jpg]

my work area

[Image: th_newstuff007.jpg]

my sticker catcher

[Image: th_newstuff008.jpg]

recent upgrades and repairs thread - broncomania - 04-02-2008

broncomatt Wrote:Just checking out your pics, is the photo of the drive shaft at rest? It looks like you have the pinion angle direct(IE pinion at the same angle as the shaft). This can cause major pinion falure. Have you had it like this long?
Broncomatt

it rarely sees 20mph but its fine like it is. i can adjust it a little in the 4 link but if it aint broke , dont fix it. and its not as bad as it may look.
thanks. :biggthumpup:

recent upgrades and repairs thread - 66gasgrill - 04-04-2008

I built a new set of radius arms and installed some nice new dents in the body:hysterical:

recent upgrades and repairs thread - chuzie - 04-04-2008

Nice. Did you and Chuck purchase your dents from the same vendor? I am looking to get some soon but have been saving up my money first.

recent upgrades and repairs thread - Audra - 04-04-2008

I've been waterproofing the 78 bronco...

After the floors were repaired I primer'd them

[Image: img_7116.jpg]

After that I did some sound deadener/rubberized coating to seal/waterproof and sound deaden the vehicle:

[Image: img_7122.jpg]

[Image: img_7123.jpg]

Next I added a waterproof membrane to the floor, very thick and permanently waterproof:

[Image: img_7138.jpg]

I double layered it in strategic locations to make the water all flow out of the truck instead of pooling anywhere:

[Image: img_7129.jpg]

I'm half-way done with the back:

[Image: img_7158.jpg]

Next I will put down the vinyl floor and install neoprene seats. I plan on keeping the top off most of the time. I've got one soft top for it, looking for a different style. :beer:

(I'm into this little project at over $370 bucks. Goodness knows it beats the floors rotting out)

recent upgrades and repairs thread - blazinchuck - 04-04-2008

Nice work on the arms Travis!!

so how well does the water proofing work with the hole for a shifter:hysterical:

just kiddin, that looks really nice Audra!:xyxthumbs: