Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Project "Big Country" - Front Bumper Fab
I'm back!!!

After taking a break on the build for 3 months I'm back at it again :rebel: Between work and other people's rigs I haven't had time to touch mine. I have collected some parts during the break and should have the majority of what I need to get it on the trail.

Keith had made these tube side steps for his Bronco about a year ago. After sitting in his garage ever since he made them, somehow they ended up on mine Confusedcratchhe: We got those welded on Monday evening and got ready to re-shoot the bottom with a different bedliner on Tuesday evening.

The new bedliner is the same company as I had bought from before, but the dark and light colors are different products - something to do about the coloring in the sun. After spraying somebody else's Bronco with black, I found it to be a much better product - sprays better, covers better, better texture, and I think will wear better. It sprays on very thin similar to LineX, but has a texture similar to RhinoLiner. It wasn't a hard decision to re-shoot over my ugly and sharp textured gray.

Here are some pics of the past 2 evenings. Tonight we'll work on some loose ends on the chassis (brake lines, fuel lines, etc.). Friday we'll shoot the inside of the tub and set it on the chassis Saturday - even already have friends lined up to help Confusedupergrin:

Attached Files Image(s)

'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Good stuff ... real nice...!!!
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
SC74 Wrote:I'm back!!!

After taking a break on the build for 3 months I'm back at it again :rebel: Between work and other people's rigs I haven't had time to touch mine. I have collected some parts during the break and should have the majority of what I need to get it on the trail.

Keith had made these tube side steps for his Bronco about a year ago. After sitting in his garage ever since he made them, somehow they ended up on mine Confusedcratchhe: We got those welded on Monday evening and got ready to re-shoot the bottom with a different bedliner on Tuesday evening.

The new bedliner is the same company as I had bought from before, but the dark and light colors are different products - something to do about the coloring in the sun. After spraying somebody else's Bronco with black, I found it to be a much better product - sprays better, covers better, better texture, and I think will wear better. It sprays on very thin similar to LineX, but has a texture similar to RhinoLiner. It wasn't a hard decision to re-shoot over my ugly and sharp textured gray.

Here are some pics of the past 2 evenings. Tonight we'll work on some loose ends on the chassis (brake lines, fuel lines, etc.). Friday we'll shoot the inside of the tub and set it on the chassis Saturday - even already have friends lined up to help Confusedupergrin:

good job Robert
I also like the black & white bronco pic:xyxthumbs:
Now to flip it back over and spray the grey out of it and set it in place.The black sprays so much better than the grey we thought there was a problem at first because the activator in the grey was a liquid and the activator in the black looks like ultra thick STP oil treatment.Thats when the E-Bay guy finally responded to Roberts questions and told us of the differences.

I dont think the grey and Kubota Orange would have looked very good together either as they are on the opposite ends of the color spectrum in compatiable colors.He He
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit
744x4 Wrote:I dont think the grey and Kubota Orange would have looked very good together either as they are on the opposite ends of the color spectrum in compatiable colors.He He

Don't forget about the neon green fuel cell mount either!

We worked on the chassis tonight in prep for the body going back on this weekend. The brake lines and fuel lines are 95% done now - only lack a few more holes and taps for several more mounting places.

The brake lines runs down the upper arm with a steel line and has flexible lines on both ends connecting it to the axle and frame. We welded some tabs on the axle and arm for connecting points.

The fuel line supply has a low pressure pump feeding a high pressure pump. A LP filter is before the LP pump and a HP filter is behind the HP pump - may be overkill but better safe than sorry.

Here are a few pics of tonight's work.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks good Robert..I need to get up with ya and check that thang out in person.... Plus i have your Hotwheels...
lookin good robert. cant wait to see the finished project. its gonna be sweet.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
WOW!!! Confusedhocked:
What a progress you've made!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
I resprayed the tub tonight and it looks allot better than the Grey did and I am sure Robert will post some pictures tomorrow especially after we put that tub on that Biotch. I bet Robert breaks out the rattle cans of Kubota Orange to make sure it looks good.
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added some D Rings to the front bumper. Broncitis 3 1,642 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Project Mall Crawler broncosbybart 11 3,290 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: SC74
  My 70 Sport Project..."Nothin' Fancy" ncsubronc 11 2,935 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ncsubronc
  Project Snow Ball 73Bronc 99 14,665 09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Last Post: 73Bronc
  Gen2 to Gen1 front clip conversion ONEWYR 11 4,858 05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Last Post: supertoyota88