Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Project "Big Country" - Front Bumper Fab
The big boy's playing at the coast!! beer, fish, boats all that stuff!!! Poor ole 744's working on that hood!!
NGABronco Wrote:The big boy's playing at the coast!! beer, fish, boats all that stuff!!! Poor ole 744's working on that hood!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that is right.. I forgot :banghead: .Thanks for reminding me... Confusedmokin:
Hell I am building a winch bumper for a Toyota while he is off fishing and shrimping .Good thing I am leaving tuesday for FL to go canoeing for the rest of the week as I need a break.
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit
How's that Yota bumper coming? Post some pics up of it - he's going to Fawl Crawl with us so that makes it Bronco related, right :xyxthumbs:

You are right about a break! Jessica and I are looking forward to no work this week and I'm cutting the nextel off!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
The center section is done now for the ends.I am going to use the stock Yota chrome ends to cover the ugly body gap caused by removing the bumper.There will be a suprise under the ends if I can get the tubing under there.
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit
I just posted pics of the finished Yota bumper in the Off-Topic forum. We had the center section done for Fawl Crawl and finished the corners today. In stead of using the factor bumper ends we bent some 1.75" tube that looks killer. The factory blinkers mount between the tubes.

Finally got a little done on the crawler today. The 100 spot welds are finally drilled out of the hood and I've got the skin separated from the hood frame-work.

We also brought the tubed front support from Keith's house to my house and got it mounted. There's a little work to be done to get around the PS box, but nothing major. If that's all that goes wrong we'll be doing good Confusedupergrin:

The radiator should be mounted and hood done in the next week or two and then we can get to work on the front half of the cage. The new Mastercraft seats are expected to arrive this week Confusedmokin:

Here are a couple pics of the hood skinned and ready to cut!

Attached Files Image(s)

This one is a little easier to see the cut-out framework - don't have to turn your head sideways at least.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking good Robert...:biggthumpup: Keep up the good work.. I got to get down there and check that thing out in person.... I hope to have some pic on mine soon..
Hey SC, what kind of spot weld cutter are you using??? I have one that's like a small holesaw w/a spring loaded guide pin (seemed to gum up a lot) and now I'm using the one from JBG, just a flat bit type, it seems to work pretty OK.
NGABronco Wrote:Hey SC, what kind of spot weld cutter are you using??? I have one that's like a small holesaw w/a spring loaded guide pin (seemed to gum up a lot) and now I'm using the one from JBG, just a flat bit type, it seems to work pretty OK.

Ben - I just used the ones from Harbor Freight - the small hole-saw with a spring loaded center like you described. My does not gum up though - may depend on how thick the metal is you are cutting. The sheet metal seemed to cut easy - I went ahead and drilled a very small center hole for the center punch to fit in - that way I didn't use the spring load part of it but used it just as a guide to keep it from walking. HTH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added some D Rings to the front bumper. Broncitis 3 1,642 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Project Mall Crawler broncosbybart 11 3,290 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: SC74
  My 70 Sport Project..."Nothin' Fancy" ncsubronc 11 2,935 10-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ncsubronc
  Project Snow Ball 73Bronc 99 14,665 09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Last Post: 73Bronc
  Gen2 to Gen1 front clip conversion ONEWYR 11 4,862 05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Last Post: supertoyota88