Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Fine 69
got engine on stand today and got compression test done. got anywhere from 140 to 165 on the cylinders. so i think i might be alright in avoiding a major overhaul. gonna add some modifications to stand to hold radiator and run this piece before dropping it in.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
well fired this engine up tonight for a couple min. not long enough to get hot.. gonna attach radiator and get it dialed in then ill be ready for the swap. im stoked!! also im guessing this is an ho engine. according to the firing order. so thats even better!
hells YEAH...thats awesome! CANT WAIT
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Yeah youre doing exactly what i want to do. Ive got the 302 that was in my bronco before I tore it apart. It ran very well. I just want to check it out, if its good just put it back in. Of course after I clean it up and make it purty! Good luck with yours!
heres a vid of the engine running. i am gonna fine tune her this evening with vacuum guage and timing light. it is so close the way it sets now but not quite right. easier to tune on the stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8NpX-sZxCs
Man, that's awesome....That baby's purring like a kitten even before you fine tune her!! :xyxthumbs:
Mike Edwards....74 Bronco ($ Money Pit $)
Glad to hear your are having good luck with that engine.
found a couple minor things but nothing that wasnt an easy fix
engine is dialed in and ready to go!! hopefully can start pulling 6 banger friday! anyone looking for a 200 6?
Sounds good to me!