Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ParadisePWoffrd's EB
you can or cant? i have them hosted from my nc4x4 album but they should be public.
Ben...........Big Dixie Boggers........www.MudProMetalworks.com
i cant for some reason...but IM DIGGIN THE AVATAR!!!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
wierd. i can see the pics just fine...

chuck, go into user CP- settings- pictures- viewing- and click ok.

if that doesn't work (or if you can't find that setting) Big Grin call Jay T.
wonder if you have to be logged in to NC4x4?
I got my calipers in... After trying to fit a chevy caliper, the ford knuckle doesnt have a recess like the chevy knuckle, so you do not get full pad engagement.

After installing the factory dual piston calipers, I still do not get full pad engagement, but its a big pad and has factory mounts. Only downside, is the caliper isnt slide completely back in the mount. I am going to run it as is and see what happens... To fix the problems, I can think of 2 possible solutions and downsides:
1. run a 3/4" spacer between hub and rotor. - will allow the caliper to be fully in the mount but still wont have full pad engagement
2. i have heard that a dodge ram rotor is the same diameter as a 1 ton rotor, so you would get full pad engagement; but not sure how deep they are and how the caliper will work...

here are the pics:

[Image: picture.php?albumid=363&pictureid=4164]
[Image: picture.php?albumid=363&pictureid=4163]
[Image: picture.php?albumid=363&pictureid=4162]
Hmm, I have some Dodge 1 ton calipers, I think. They're brandy new. Sold the axle a while back. The Dodge calipers are single piston, like the Ford 1/2 ton stuff, but a lot bigger.

What kind of master cyl are you gonna run? Those calipers need a lot of fluid going to them.
the large single cylinders wont work because the ford knuckle doesnt have the relief in them around the piston... i think it is either this caliper or an aftermarket one... unless i found a rotor that was 14" diameter or more...

i havent decided on the master yet... i will deffinately need a new one, mine is starting to leak fluid out somewhere...

i have heard that an E350 caliper works well for disc/disc...
yeah, i knew the calipers weren't interchangeable. didn't know if you had any other knuckles sitting around. seems like you've got a nice amount of parts stashed around..

the E350 should work. i've seen a few of them (late 90's IIRC) that had 4 wheel discs. I've robbed the discs off of those for rear disc brake swaps.
hhaha, dont have much by the way of 60 parts... i have depleted my inventory quite a bit the last few years...

cant wait to get finished with this swap though... gotta cool project on the horizon...
Been working on it very slowly... got the gears and lock-right installed and the shafts in... still need to install the hubs & brakes, then i will roll it back under to try and button it up...

still need to figure out what brake master im going to run, along with how im going to mount the airshocks...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=4988&d=1326168035]