Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2013 events??
broncosbybart Wrote:Not sure what else to suggest about a venue for the M&G. The big one up in Pigeon Forge has nothing to offer apart from itself, IMHO. They take trips around the roads, but that is about it. Time goes by pretty slowly there, too. I find myself talking with other people- after a while all the Broncos start to look the same, as sad as that sounds. Guess what I'm saying is that I think the gathering will be what it is, regardless of where it is, unless something else (another form of activity- games, go carting, eating, etc) is incorporated into it. That said, I'm fine with Carpenters or a new location, but I don't expect a new location to give a different feel to the event. I like getting together and hanging out, whenever/wherever.

Ditto - I don't think we should tag onto the SC either and I also agree that they all start to look the same after seeing so many.

I personally like the idea of trying to hook up with the Auto Fair but that has been vetoed.

I'll support the club whenever and wherever (within reasonable distance that is). I've never missed a M&G at DC's, with or without a bronco I was there.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I have no beef with URE for the M+G. I have beef with overcrowding.

We can do it the same weekend as NC, I just won't expect to do much trail riding so I am not going to drive up from Tampa. I guess the real question should focus on the purpose of the M+G. Is it primarily a social hour or are we looking to make it about trail riding now that we are no longer @ Carpenter's?

Personally, if we are going to have the M+G @ a venue that provides for trail riding, it only makes sense to take advantage.

Maybe I will hitch a ride with someone from Charleston instead if we do this. The other options would be to defer to the following weekend or possibly look at going to the Gulches. CB4x4, to my knowledge, has not had an event here.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Totally understand where you are coming from, Chuzie.

I pondered on the Gulches, but the parking area isn't big and it is well off the beaten path. It would be hard to have a meet and greet type of event there. Liking the discussion though. Any other thoughts?
Reading my last post, I feel my tone may have inferred, to some extent, the determination of the M+G date and location is based solely upon my convenience and desire; certainly not my intention.

Other locations??? Let's see..... Any good strip clubs in NC? Strippers dig Broncos!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:

I hear there is a place called Scorpio on the east side of town. I think that is right up your alley (where is the ghey emoticon?) :puke:
Bart, Just take a picture of the poster of Magic Mike you have hanging on the ceiling above your bed and maybe we can make an emoticon out of that.

Not sure who magic mike is, but the only thing above my bed is a mirror with the disclaimer "Objects in mirror are larger than they appear" etched on it...
Back on topic, any more thoughts on venues or dates?

If I can add this to the mix, I'd like to do 1 or 2 group CB4x4 workdays (in conjunction with the regular workdays) at URE this coming year (maybe 1 in the spring and 1 in fall when it isn't roasting)???
broncosbybart Wrote:Back on topic, any more thoughts on venues or dates?

If I can add this to the mix, I'd like to do 1 or 2 group CB4x4 workdays (in conjunction with the regular workdays) at URE this coming year (maybe 1 in the spring and 1 in fall when it isn't roasting)???
i agree this is very important...and it cant be the same ppl every time. we really need ppl stepping up to do their part on this. it does make for an expensive weekend for someone like me...i have to make it a full weekend to justify going.

i really wish it was so much closer.

ill start a thread on work days soon...now need to clutter this thread any more.

the problem with the gulches...is space and trails. everything is short trails. not a bunch of parking and IMO not a full weekend worth of wheeling. maybe there is a 4 wheel parts near columbia or the NC border for the meet and greet.??
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Quote: maybe there is a 4 wheel parts near columbia or the NC border for the meet and greet.??

Not gonna find a four wheel parts near Columbia. Nearest one is in Charlotte. There is a Hound Dawg 4x4 just off I77 (exit going away from Bully Brice Stadium). They have a nice facility for a newbe shop. They are more into jeeps and chevys, mudding than trailing. If interested I can get you in touch with the owner.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2013 Shirts and Hats blazinchuck 92 20,070 12-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Last Post: 1st Bronco
  URE Sat. Sept. 21, 2013 Work Day nhopman 42 5,871 09-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  7th Annual Meet and Greet 2013 blazinchuck 129 18,695 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  April 20, 2013 URE Workday broncosbybart 0 673 04-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart