Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My little mule, Pe'pe
Ok after loosing some time to a trip up north for easter, then coming back with bronchitis and a few other distractions I am finally back on the body work.
The soft top door mods are done, tailgate was patched and is mostly done. The hood is getting a new scoop, which meant welding up the old scoops mounting holes.
The last big part was mounting the fender flares. In the photos you see some screws and clamps holding them on. Those can all come off now! I used panel epoxie to put them on. It worked great and now I just need to fill in the screw holes and rivet dimples.
Now I'm going to be doing a lot of sanding to get it ready for primer and paint (which I already have).

Attached Files Image(s)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Are those urethane or fiberglass flares?

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Fiberglass, since the front fenders are too I don't see the need to use the urethane. My rock ski's/ nerf bars and rear bumper corners protect the body enough to not worry about hitting the flares on anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Was going to ask the same question about the flares. What kind of dash is that? Looks like it is a blank or has been modified a bit.

Looking good! I dig the tires and will chip in for a new chain link steering wheel!
The dash is a stock one that I moved the glove box over to clear the cage. Removed everything but the heater controls. I will be drilling around 8 holes for all my gauges.
Those rims came with my 75 pu, I may actually buy two more to match the rears and put the 33's on those.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice. I'm going to modify a dash for my 67 almost the same way.

Thought those rims came off your truck. You need to keep it as is, Homes.
After countless hours sanding, spot puttying and sand and fill primer. I shot the coat of sealer. I used a blue sealer to work with the paint. I need to go back and touch up the hood and tailgate but then I will try and shoot the base and clear coat next weekend.

Attached Files Image(s)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lookin Good. Looking forward to pics after paint.
Well after one failed attempt I finally got it painted. I laid down 3 coats of intense blue and 3 coats of clear. Next is bed liner and paint the cage and put it back in. Time to start putting it back together.

Attached Files Image(s)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love it. Great job! That's got to feel good!