Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really.
Progress report, after a second test drive the fuel pump quit. So I towed it home and this weekend I swapped the fuel pump (had to weld a nut on the broken bolt where I tried to put a fuel pump for a 200 6cy on, they dont fit). Plus new fuel filter.
Pulled the guage cluster down and check the voltage on the back. All was right so for the fun I ran the wires to my spare and it worked. So I swapped the fuel guage by itself and all is good. The one that came out was full of mud. Furthering my thoughts that early in its life it was flooded.
I also changed the turnsignal switch out. The horn terminals had been broken, after changing it I had to work on the horn button some. After some creative ideas it works.
I still need to trim the frame ends so I can mount the bumper, clean up the wiper lincage and some new blades, the dana 30 needs new axle seals. Plus I think I will drop the drivers seat some more, I think it will go down another inch or two.
Some ideas I need help with, anybody know where the stock coolent temp sensor goes on the 1706cyl?
Also looking for a way to tighten up the play in the spare tire rack, the holes are worn and it causes it rattle.
Ideas, anyone, anyone...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
ok, this is the last truck I will ever buy. Really. - by broncomatt - 11-12-2011, 11:16 PM