Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H1 Rims and Runflats
I picked up a set of H1 rims and run flats this weekend. Have a little work to do to them. First I've go to trim the rib off of the run flats. they seem to pinch the sidewall on big tires when wheeling at low trail pressures. Then taking a rim to Broncomania to have new centers made. Factory they have 7" of back spacing, looking to move them out to about 4-4.5" of back spacing. I'll have to turn the old center out of the outer pieces. Also need to add a rock ring to protect the studs and valve stems.

Attached Files Image(s)

'72 TBA...
You always seem to find the good stuff!!! :biggthumpup:

Gonna make it to URE in Nov.? :beer:

:popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
I'll be there...bummin' a ride:hysterical:
'72 TBA...
You'll love the H1's - good choice!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Gubni Wrote:I tested them with 42's and zero psi and the tire did not touch the runflat with the weight of a fullsize bronco. (Broncomania's old rig)

Well I only cut two. Wasn't that bad, the band saw makes quick work of the magnesium. I think I'll use the cut ones up front and try the uncuts on the rear.

Also turned the center out of one outer. It was a bit tricky to figure out with the tool post and lathe I have available. There are 3 dimples that help align the inner and outer. So I cut right against them. That let me cut through most of the circumference without the outer ring flying off. Then too a small cut off wheel to trim the dimples and I had two pieces.

I'm going to try to figure out a fixture to set my new offset with the new centers. Then use an old axle housing and hub to set the runout and weld.

Attached Files Image(s)

'72 TBA...
save me those old centers. i'll need them to take a measurement with for bolt pattern. thanks.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
the 8 bolt ones are for Bias ply tires only and the later 12 bolt ones are for Radials or Bias ply tires.What are you going to make the centers out of ? I believe Roberts are 1/4 plate but we had to open up the center a little as they were made for a 14 bolt and the 60 had a bigger center hole.
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit
744x4 Wrote:.What are you going to make the centers out of ? I believe Roberts are 1/4 plate.
probably 3/8 or 5/16
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Here is a link to ones for sale on Pirate for a good idea. They are 3/8 - just making a heavy wheel heavier.
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Finished cutting all the centers out. Just need dress up a few of the sharp edges.

Quote:Here is a link to ones for sale on Pirate for a good idea. They are 3/8 - just making a heavy wheel heavier.

Those are pretty cool looking. The rims are heavy, but with 120-140 lbs tire wrapped around it going to make much of a difference?
'72 TBA...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aluminum rims have no place around rocks! chuzie 3 1,082 01-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Last Post: chuzie