Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
289 intake
I bought a old edlbrock torker intake, and got to looking at the stock intake, and there is a vacuum block that threads into the back side, and a line from the transmission and the break booster goes to it. Can I use the intake I bought, and where do I connect those two vacuum lines if so. Thanks again guys...
screw the old vacuum block out and screw it in the other intake. re-connect the hoses.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
forgot to mention that the new intake doesnt have a spot to screw the vacuum block...
Must be an old casting. Most have a threaded port in one of the rear runners. If not you can get a spacer from Summit with a large threaded port for the vacuum booster like this: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...toview=sku

Your carb should have a manifold port for the vacuum modulator on the tranny. It will be the one with vacuum at idle. If it doesn't it is ported vacuum and the tranny will not shift correctly.
'72 TBA...
here is a picture of the intake that I have. what about the plug under the carb, but on my current setup it goes to the valve cover??

Attached Files Image(s)

The large port on the carb is for the PCV. What is the small round piece at the rear of the carb flange on your intake?

That design is look like the Weiand X-cellerator. I have ran several of those on 302's on Mustangs. They tend to like higher rpm's and high lift camshafts. With the right heads you will get an explosive mid range.
'72 TBA...
probably not a good intake for my stock 289 huh? what do you suggest for intake and carb? I am running mostly on the street.
You can't go wrong with the old faithful Performer series intakes. The RPM has a little more runner volume to allow for higher rpms. But the standard Performer works well with mostly stock and slightly modified engines.

As for a carburetor, I would not use anything larger than a 600cfm. I believe Chuck has had really good service out of his Truck Avenger. I'm not sure what cfm his is.
'72 TBA...
so you dont think a holley 4778dp will do me any good huh. Hell and I thought I got a good deal.
I ran the truck avenger for a couple years and it just died. they are sending me a brand new one though(great services!!) I plan to install it just before URE. Sean, is there not a 1/4 pipe plug in the square base(where carb mounts) on the intake you have pistured? it looks like one to the right side of the intake in the pic. also, for an intake...you shouldn't go with a tall one...carb height issues will bite ya.Chuck
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carburetor and intake manifold 1974-302-auto jrshepherd 6 2,988 03-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Last Post: jrshepherd