Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
repair work
As most of you know I stuck my eb, and as a result I broke the track bar mount at the frame. Unfortunetly the list of problems did not end there.
As a bi product of playing in the mud I decide to pressure wash all the mud off. A design flaw I had not thought of allowed water to flow directly into the vavle cover. Fortunetly I only ran it long enough to drive it into my shop.
The throttle cable also became bound up, combination of poor istilation and mud clogging the sheath.
I have put my spare throttle cable on, and I will probably upgrade to a Locar unit soon. I have drained the oil, blown out the oil cooler hoses, cooler and flushed them with brake clean and some fresh oil. I will run it with some fresh oil and change again. Just frustrated with my self for not forseing this.
I am going to use this as an opertunity to upgrade my ventilation system.
Inspired by looking a Dakar trucks for the last few weeks I am building an airbox for crank case, tranny, front diff, and eventuly the T-case.
The plastic box in the photo will have a plate bolted down with all the fittings on it. A stock air filter to keep it clean.
Bouncing my way threw the hole has realy reminded my how bad the body rot is on this tub. I will have to do some further inspection to my rear quarter pannel. I realy need to get started on my other tub.:popc1:
I found some more pics of my stuck, included are some pics of the diff cover I made. 1/2"square stock in between the two covers.
Broncomatt

[Image: ebproject004.jpg]
[Image: ebproject003.jpg]
[Image: ebproject002.jpg]
[Image: ebproject001.jpg]
[Image: cap017.jpg]
[Image: cap016.jpg]
[Image: cap015.jpg]
[Image: cap014.jpg]
[Image: cap013.jpg]
[Image: cap011.jpg]
[Image: cap008.jpg]
[Image: cap002.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like the central airbox idea. Let me know how it works out I may copy it at some point.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
chuzie Wrote:I like the central airbox idea. Let me know how it works out I may copy it at some point.

I've also thought of something along the same lines. I've looked at some store bought stuff but all too expensive - I like the homeade creativity and may still your ideas when you're done :beer:
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I like your take on the diff guard. My looked like a golf ballConfusedcratchhe: after a few trips to URE.
'72 TBA...
Ok, here is my vent box. It started life as a stock air cleaner box for a dodge stealth. Liz's has a K&n so it will no longer need it.
I made a plate out of some scrap aluminum. Got the three fittings I would need. One is for the tranny case, one for the crank case ventilation, the other is the front diff(blue anodized).
The one for the crank case is the larger(1/2"), it uses a 3/4 npt, I used a 3/4 electrical nut(for an outlet box, ect) to hold it on. If they had not been out of them for the smaller (3/8") I would have used one there. Insted I taped the hole and threded it in with some sealer on the threads of all.
It will use a stock air filter, mount the plate where the mass airflow senser would have mounted. I will install this on the pass side inner fender. It will aslo allow me to remove a coolent resavore for a better one.
[Image: P1010023.jpg]
[Image: P1010021.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sorry I loaded them backwards. I will also mention that the opening will face the fire wall, and have some screen(litteretly house screen) covering the opening.
My rear diff vents inside the rear quarter, the t-case has a stock vent.
I'll take more pics once I mount it.
Broncomatt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sweet!
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:

I like the way you think! Good invention.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
79 FS 351M, Trac loc HPD44, Detroit 9", 4.56's, 37 Toyo's, 17" Helo Maxx 6
Spent some time this weekend finishing up the airbox install. When the new body is put on it will get diffrent mounts, but these are plenty strong.
I feel much better diving into deep water, mud, silt with this system.
I also included what else I've been working on. Liz's stealth motor, nice engine. The tranny was also overhauled.
Broncomatt
[Image: hkutid7t.jpg]
[Image: hjuyti7t.jpg]
[Image: guiu7876.jpg]
[Image: bvhmjkugi8.jpg]
[Image: bvjnyu.jpg]
[Image: ghjytui8768.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
will it still be able to breathe when the foam is soaked in mud?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how much work goinpostal 2 973 02-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Last Post: jollygrngiant
  finally did some work snipes243 8 1,786 04-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  who likes to work on carbs!!! offshorecorley 3 1,362 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Last Post: broncomatt