Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
finally did some work
First weekend in a awhile that be able to so some work. Pretty much just installed some awesome floor mats, and some chromed black exhaust tips ConfusedupergrinConfusedo the body doesn't get any black streaks on it. I spent the majority of the time striping down my dana 44. Got a question what type of paint should i use to repaint the axle housing, hopefully something cheap, strong, and easy to touch up if it gets scraped up?Confusedcratchhe:

Attached Files Image(s)

68 Half cab
I use tractor paint from Tractor Supply on my axles. Just get a good coat of primer on them and let it cure before putting the color on it. Looks great!
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
looking good...I used POR-15, and I've not been very impressed. Stick to something in a rattle can...cheaper and easier.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Looks good... I tore in to my bronco :biggthumpup:dash last night to replace it with a new fresh painted one...
SC74 Wrote:I use tractor paint from Tractor Supply on my axles. Just get a good coat of primer on them and let it cure before putting the color on it. Looks great!

What type of gun did you use? Did you thin it to spray or brush it on? I'm going to use a tough enamel like this on my F250 frame and axles over my POR-15 base coat.
'72 TBA...
I was considering POR-15 for my underbody but if people are complaining about that I may reconsider.
'77 351w- Explorer EFI, 4R70W, 4-link, lockers, 4.56, 35" MT/Rs with a severe rock addiction.Confusedmokin:
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Looks good Clay!:xyxthumbs:
Looking good Clay keep us posted...I'm sorry for not getting back to you but I have been really busy...new job and all...I will look again on my parts truck for those spindles but will not be able to do it before the Raleigh Bash...unless we can get someone local in Summerville area to go over there but I know everyone is probably busy getting ready for the "BASH"...I am truly sorry and we can talk more about it at the BASH.
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
johnpaulgolf Wrote:Looking good Clay keep us posted...I'm sorry for not getting back to you but I have been really busy...new job and all...I will look again on my parts truck for those spindles but will not be able to do it before the Raleigh Bash...unless we can get someone local in Summerville area to go over there but I know everyone is probably busy getting ready for the "BASH"...I am truly sorry and we can talk more about it at the BASH.

No Problem john Im not to much in a hurry the only reason i need one was I deformed the flange a little when i took it off, it can be fixed but probably safer to replace it.:bdent: Sc74 did you brush on that tractor paint? thanks guys for the comments.:xyxthumbs:
clay
68 Half cab

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how much work goinpostal 2 970 02-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Last Post: jollygrngiant
  repair work broncomatt 11 2,391 02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  finally got off my butt today and... chuzie 6 1,875 12-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Last Post: snipes243
  who likes to work on carbs!!! offshorecorley 3 1,355 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Last Post: broncomatt