Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New from NC with some Bronco II's!
Right, so I'm Tim, I'm 18, and I'm from North Carolina! I saw a link to this site in someones signature on BroncoII.org, and figured I needed to join, as its always nice to know some locals!

I have two Bronco II's, a 1990 Eddie Bauer which my grandfather gave me, and a 1989 which I bought from a friend of mine for $200, and then spend a further $5 getting it back in running condition Confusedupergrin: Confusedmokin:

The 90 is a 5 speed, and its completely standard as of now, but I have some good plans for it! Confusedupergrin: The 89 was bought with the intention of using it for parts, but since its a runner I'm not so sure anymore! :hysterical:

I know this site is mainly dedicated to the big Bronco's but I thought it would be good to join and say hey, because everyone is so spread out on BroncoII.org and TheRangerStation that it makes it hard to get to meets!

I used to live in Greensboro, but I moved to Northern Ireland of all places about 3 years ago, and I'm moving back to High Point NC in June, which isn't far away, so I'm really looking forward to getting back to my Bronco's!

The 90 will be my daily driver, so I have a few plans for it but I don't want to do anything crazy. Mainly I'd like a small lift, enough to get 32's under it, as well as custom tube bumpers, and a rood rack. It'll also get a bit of the upgraded audio treatment which is necessary for a DD :biggthumpup:. I just want some decent speakers in the thing, and possibly an amp and sub down the road. I've also got some CB equipment ready to go in it as well.

The biggest plan so far is to swap a 4.0 V6 or a V8 into the thing. I've already got a 5.0 V8, tranny, and 8.8 rear sitting in storage at home which I could use, although the 4.0 is appealing because its a very simple swap in the Bronco II. Not that the 5.0 is terribly difficult, but its gonna cost me a bit more to do. If I could find me a 1990 4.0 Ranger for a donor, the 4.0 swap would be a weekend job so I could do it temporarily for a bit more power, then save up and rebuild my V8 over time.

Anyway, I'm sure you're looking some pictures, so here's a few:

[Image: DSC00830.JPG]
Its still got its pitiful little road tires on it, but as you can see it does already see off-road use in Montgomery County NC. Just trails, but that's what my grandfather has used it for since 1991 when he bought the thing.

[Image: DSC00831.JPG]
This is after the half-arsed wash by the way! I got told off for using the local "do-it-yourself" car wash on the thing, because it apparently clogs the drains :rubeyes: :toothy12: haha.

[Image: DSC00828.JPG]
Here's a picture of me towing my 89 BII with my 90 after the alternator belt snapped. My buddy didn't want to have to deal with it any longer, so he sold it to me for $200 and I had it fixed in 15 minutes. :hysterical:

[Image: DSC00456.JPG]
Here's a picture of the 89 before I bought it, after my friend and I went mudding in it.

Here's the cardomin pages for the two cars:

1990: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3235070
and
1989: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3235086

Anyway, great site, and I look forward to meeting people! :biggthumpup:
welcome :biggthumpup:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
$200 bucks, What a deal! Welcome to the site.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]This is what you see, on my 73!
Errorhead Wrote:$200 bucks, What a deal! Welcome to the site.

Not forgetting the nicer one was free! :xyxthumbs:

Haha thanks for the welcomes guys!
Nice! Welcome to the group! We're happy to have ALL broncos... EB, BII, and FSBs!
welcome to the group.
Thanks again for the welcome folks! :bigsquaregrin:

Can't wait to get back to the states :america: and do a bit of wrenching on them!
welcome to the site. where is high point?
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!
welcome tim.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Welcome to the Site. Enjoy. :rebel:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CB4x4 and new to the bronco world! wydow 6 1,469 10-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Last Post: BucknEB
  1st Bronco and loving it 1st Bronco 1 849 08-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Bronco Steering wheel zack smith 0 776 04-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Last Post: zack smith