Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some advice.....
I am looking at maybe doing some things to my 69. Here are a few things that I have been thinking about.

1. I want to buy some new door post, floor pans, rockers, and some new kick panels. I would have the guy that is down the road from me that owns Meany Monster garage put the door post in and then I would go from there?

2. I would like to have a new set of shocks. Which ones would work the best on a 2.5 inch lift. I like the Rancho RS 5000? Then I would go ahead and get OEM body mounts?

3. Have my top sand blasted and painted?

Plus there are some other things that I need but they are not import to me right now. My wife wants me to put a family role cage in it. But I need to put new floor pans before I do that. I have around $400.00 saved up and it is burning a hole in my pocket Confusedmokin:

Any Advice would help a Brother out.....:drinkbud:
Fix the floors,replace the shocks with somenthing other than Ranchos then save up for the family cage then worry about the top.
74 Sport Howell EFI & 33's sitting in the yard
73 104 in EB Buggy 5.0 SEFI ,C-4,38's Busy as Hell Building it right now.
00 Honda XR 650R For Sale.Someone buy this bad assed Bike ASAP.
03 Honda Shadow Spirit
744x4 Wrote:Fix the floors,replace the shocks with somenthing other than Ranchos then save up for the family cage then worry about the top.

So you are say to fix the door post then the kick and floors. What shocks would you buy?

Thanks for your help.:xyxthumbs:
My .02
First I would make sure it's safe to drive. Brakes, shocks, engine reliable etc.
Then I would get the structure sound then worry about cosmetics.

I would look at what you are going to ask your Bronco to do then buy components to meet that mission.
Do you need the best, most expensive offroad shocks money can buy? (I'm not saying Ranchos are the best).
Money is hard earned so try not to get too caught up in the cool factor and blow your wad on parts that are overkill.
It's hard not to go buy the shiney cool stuff but don't overlook plane jane if that will do the job.
I have WH plane jane shocks and they work great for me.

Good luck with your projects and don't forget to holler if you need a hand wrenching!
x2
As hard as extra cash is to get my hands on, I am having to be very stingy on what I buy.
Stupid hurts when it catches up, and it WILL catch up!

[SIZE="4"]Founding member of the "cheap bastards 4x4 gang''[/SIZE]
[Image: Outalne_017.gif]
66stocker Wrote:My .02
First I would make sure it's safe to drive. Brakes, shocks, engine reliable etc.
Then I would get the structure sound then worry about cosmetics.

I would look at what you are going to ask your Bronco to do then buy components to meet that mission.
Do you need the best, most expensive offroad shocks money can buy? (I'm not saying Ranchos are the best).
Money is hard earned so try not to get too caught up in the cool factor and blow your wad on parts that are overkill.
It's hard not to go buy the shiney cool stuff but don't overlook plane jane if that will do the job.
I have WH plane jane shocks and they work great for me.

Good luck with your projects and don't forget to holler if you need a hand wrenching!

This is what I want to hear Bill:biggthumpup:. Thanks. The Bronco runs good but could use a little tune up. Then I was thinking about the shocks? I really like the Rancho when I had a set on my 88 Big Bronco and I like them. I really don't need to have them but just would like to have a good ridding shock. My Bronco is only going to see the pavement and no mud or rocks. But what would you do?

I want to hear from more of you guys. I see that yall are active.. So talk to me.

George:toothy12:
sparkchaser Wrote:x2
As hard as extra cash is to get my hands on, I am having to be very stingy on what I buy.

I am right there with you. I just want to know what yall would do if you where in my shoes.
ProComp shocks ride pretty good if you have 2 or more inches of lift. If you have less, I would just stick with an OEM shock.

I hear the door posts can be a pain to replace. Is it the striker post or the hinge post?
'72 TBA...
bucketobolts Wrote:ProComp shocks ride pretty good if you have 2 or more inches of lift. If you have less, I would just stick with an OEM shock.

I hear the door posts can be a pain to replace. Is it the striker post or the hinge post?

It is the door post. The strikers might need to be change. But I think they are not that hard to fix. I just want to get some of the hard to fix and important stuff fix while I have a little money....
bucketobolts Wrote:ProComp shocks ride pretty good if you have 2 or more inches of lift. If you have less, I would just stick with an OEM shock.

Ive heard good things about the procomps to but have never had them on any of my trucks. good luck goerge.
Life is short------drive your bronco everyday!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for some 5.0 advice blazinchuck 2 825 08-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: broncosbybart
  Advice on purchasing a sand blaster Crawdad 13 2,268 06-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Crawdad
  Advice on replacing an oil dipstick/ tube Crawdad 6 1,183 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Crawdad
  locker advice. broncosbybart 6 1,144 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Last Post: abunchofidiots