Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ttb
do they make ay upgrades for the ttb setup? Confusedcratchhe:
Lifes a garden dig it
a dana 60Confusedupergrin:
Stupid hurts when it catches up, and it WILL catch up!

[SIZE="4"]Founding member of the "cheap bastards 4x4 gang''[/SIZE]
[Image: Outalne_017.gif]
What do you mean by upgrades? There's many suspension options. But, to just beef it up, you can install a D50 slipshaft, swap the auto locking hubs for manuals, and if you like to throw cash around, upgrade the shafts to chromos.
'95 Bronco with stuff, details here: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/2805
How hard is a straight axle swap? You can pick up a full width HP44 pretty reasonable.
'72 TBA...
bone what do you plan on doing with your TTB? What size tires? Lockers?
hell id love the solid axle but I really dont wheel it hard so I figured I could get by with the ttb i do want to do hubs gears and lockers and might as well upgrade if something breaks. where can I find a set of chromos and would that uprade be worth the $. As far as tire size I would like to run 37 or 38s
Lifes a garden dig it
bone collector Wrote:hell id love the solid axle but I really dont wheel it hard so I figured I could get by with the ttb i do want to do hubs gears and lockers and might as well upgrade if something breaks. where can I find a set of chromos and would that uprade be worth the $. As far as tire size I would like to run 37 or 38s
I am speaking from years of personal experience here. If you're planning on running 37+, I would not recommend running the TTB. You will just end up flushing cash down the toilet. 35's at the largest are your best bet. For the price of chromos for the TTB, you could get a solid 44. Still, a locked solid 44 needs chromos and upgraded u-joints with 37's, and that's as big a tire as I'd go with that axle.

Bottom line, if you're staying with the TTB, don't go bigger than 35's. Anything taller, you're looking at bucking up for a built solid 44 or a D60. But, if you enjoy axle parts breaking on regular basis, go ahead and put 38's on the TTB. I'll just say "I told you so" now.
'95 Bronco with stuff, details here: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/2805
i agree with johnski.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
I also agree with johnski... I am rockin the TTB and 35s. love it, as far as the $ goes. Put my $ into 4.88s (wish I went a little bigger - go figure) and lockers, rather than the axle swap. Running the TTB till it breaks... then d60 or rocks and not looking back. With this TTB setup, I get just as stuck on Kodak as the rest of em... sometimes I make it, sometimes I break something stupid... I just can't do Harlan or big Tellico (if it ever opens again)...

In short, players choice... but if you're going 37s, you really need to get rid of the TTB...
On how hard you plan on flogging the equipment. I run 37" MTrs on a solid 44 (early) with a gearless locker and stock axles. Nothing has broken yet. I don't beat the dog crap out of it either. The gearless isn't supposed to be used on anything bigger than 33s and the stock axles tell their own story. I do have a spare set onboard, though as well as a stock rear driveshaft.

Tim
74 Bronco Ranger halfcab w/toys: lockers f&r, wristed arm, C4, D20, hyd assist steering, 37"MTRs, warm 302. Capability, that's what I'm talkin' bout.
[Image: 2rwp56f.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to kill a TTB.... sparkchaser 8 1,640 02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: sparkchaser